Black out or chrome trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Do you guys think it is the same with my WDT Tahoe (un-balanced)? I do like the look of the Denali running boards but I honestly don't know if I can handle anymore chrome on my truck! I really want to get the mirrors painted to break it up.

No because you have chrome rims and door handles too I believe.
When I remember looking at your truck when you first got it I loved it I think I told you too.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I think that the Esky rack REQUIRES chrome along the running boards. Otherwise, the truck looks top-heavy to me. I initially put the Esky rack on my truck, left it on for about a week before determining that it didn't look right, took it off, took a while to bit the bullet and get Denali/Esky running boards, and then put the rack back on. Now I think the truck looks pretty good.

That's just how my eye works...

That is well stated! :Handshake:
The perfect balance of chrome with wheels is the rack, running boards, and center line (molding and/or handles).

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011Tahoe, your Hoe is sick and I think it looks great without, not that it would look bad with the chrome on the boards. Painted mirrors FTW!!

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but no.
edenuvab.jpg

Esky rack painted black.

Last edited:

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Macho, I'm jealous of your rails! I need to find some cross rails. Thanks for the compliment buddy, I can't wait to see yours in the spring.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhh.......that looks great.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks broseph!
Macho, I'm jealous of your rails! I need to find some cross rails. Thanks for the compliment buddy, I can't wait to see yours in the spring.
Yw! Ditto! I'm glad you said you we're jealous of my rails and not my RACK. That could have been akward... :D

[/COLOR]After washing the truck with the new rack installed, I've decided to go black on chrome. Thanks for all the input guys, it really does help. Here are some pictures;
yma3u9ur.jpg
8ytuby7e.jpg

ha6aseta.jpg

@David, Are you sure us blacked out guys can't bring you to the darkside?? :)
4a4e5ehu.jpg
Seriously tho, the black and chrome looks good. I think the chrome wheels will really set it off

Last edited:
OP
OP
YuCanada

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@David, Are you sure us blacked out guys can't bring you to the darkside?? :)
4a4e5ehu.jpg
Seriously tho, the black and chrome looks good. I think the chrome wheels will really set it off

It was a hard battle!! Door handles, mirrors, and running boards are all on the way already. But I'm not getting rid of any of my black parts incase I change my mind this summer ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968