Blue gauges and HVAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hot damn JK, that looks awesome! Where did you get all of the LEDs? The dimmer and everything still works, right?

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Hot damn JK, that looks awesome! Where did you get all of the LEDs? The dimmer and everything still works, right?
I got the LEDs for the gauges from ledlight.com. The LEDs for the HVAC are single units I had laying around and soldered them to the board with 500 ohm resistors.
The stock dimmer won't dim the LEDs. The dimmer adjusts voltage to incadescent bulbs to change to brightness. To dim LEDs, you need to decrease the forward current. The best way to change the intensity of LEDs is by PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) and changing the duty cycle of the LED.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I got the LEDs for the gauges from ledlight.com. The LEDs for the HVAC are single units I had laying around and soldered them to the board with 500 ohm resistors.
The stock dimmer won't dim the LEDs. The dimmer adjusts voltage to incadescent bulbs to change to brightness. To dim LEDs, you need to decrease the forward current.

That sucks. That makes it difficult to use when you want to try to dim them.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't usually bother with the dimmer control, it's not a big deal. The LEDs aren't bright enough to distract you at night.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
anyone ever put the LEDs in ALL the interior lights? like the overhead lights and stuff? I have seen this done and took a looksy at my head liner and i cant even figure out how the hell to access my bulbs in those things

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone ever put the LEDs in ALL the interior lights? like the overhead lights and stuff? I have seen this done and took a looksy at my head liner and i cant even figure out how the hell to access my bulbs in those things

Like this?
InteriorLEDs3.jpg

On the lens there will be a small notch where you can use a flathead screwdriver to pry the lens off. Once off, you'll have access to the bulbs and you can just pop em right out. I replaced all the bulbs in the interior (doors, footwells, etc) and the puddle lamps. I also wired the interior domes so that all three bulbs come on, not just the one in the middle. I added a dome light assembly to the liftgate also:
InteriorLEDs5.jpg

InteriorLEDs6.jpg

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty sweet, especially the lift gate light!! What type of light did you use for the lift gate light?

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's pretty sweet, especially the lift gate light!! What type of light did you use for the lift gate light?

It's a stock assembly from another truck. I had a few of these laying around leftover from overhead monitor installs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tazmain