Blue gauges and HVAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
how did you do the LED's? did you buy a direct plug in LED for each replacement (does someone make such a thing?) or did you buy the standard two wire LED and fab up some shit yourself?

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
hey JK.... whats up with the in dash, not the screen that is on in the picture but the one that is lower and off.... is that a kit or is it completely custom? if its a kit, does it work with the 04 and up model?

Fyrcaptain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JKm are you fortunate to have the plug in bulbs on you IP?
I believe mine are soldered in.....boy was that a stupid thing for GM to do!

Looks great by the way!

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey JK.... whats up with the in dash, not the screen that is on in the picture but the one that is lower and off.... is that a kit or is it completely custom? if its a kit, does it work with the 04 and up model?
Custom. I took a broken overhead monitor apart, fabbed up the housing with fiberglass and mounted the monitor in there.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JKm are you fortunate to have the plug in bulbs on you IP?
I believe mine are soldered in.....boy was that a stupid thing for GM to do!

Looks great by the way!

Yessir, mine just plug in. 03+ trucks are soldered in, but can still be done. My HVAC controls are soldered. I just desoldered the old bulbs and soldered in new LEDs and resistors.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the bulbs hard to access? I'd imagine that you have to remove a large portion of your dash (read: the whole fuggin thing) to get to all of the LEDs....

The end result is amazing looking, I just don't think I'd have the time to do it. My truck usually can't be out of service for more than a couple of days.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Custom. I took a broken overhead monitor apart, fabbed up the housing with fiberglass and mounted the monitor in there.

its sexy... you have any more of these "broken" monitors laying around? I am running out of fun weekend projects