Borla vs Flowmaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done some searching through the forum and found some good info on different exhausts but looking for some m,ore info... I am going to be just welding a new muffler in... Between flowmaster like a 44 series or 50.. and Borla...???? any suggestions, input?? And magnaflow is too quiet for me and i do not think corsa just sells there muffler seperate...and they are $$$$

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI...you can get a maganflow that is just as loud as a flowmaster. Just depends on which on you get :deal:

But between the two you threw up (flowmaster or Borla) I'd just get the flowmaster if you're just welding up a new muffler and not getting an whole new system.

OP
OP
04xl

04xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI...you can get a maganflow that is just as loud as a flowmaster. Just depends on which on you get :deal:
enlighten me...........im a newbie on all this..
But between the two you threw up (flowmaster or Borla) I'd just get the flowmaster if you're just welding up a new muffler and not getting an whole new system.

enlighten me...........im a newbie on all this.. Are there way better choices out there than these two?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

enlighten me...........im a newbie on all this.. Are there way better choices out there than these two?

It all depends on how much money you wanna spend along with what your preferences are with regards to sound (which I'd suggest researching via YouTube to decide that).

With money as no object it's generally agreed that the pecking order goes corsa>borla>magnaflow>flowmaster>....

IMO, once you get down to Magnaflow and Flowmaster and below it's mostly a preference in what sound you want. I LOVE flowmaster and it's sound and have had them on several vehicles with very good luck. With the Burb I went with a Magnaflow mostly because I'd never had it before and just wanted to try something new this time. I have been very pleased with it and it's giving me the sound I was looking for with it. If you're just going to replace your muffler but keep everything else intact (like I've done as have many people here on TYF) I'd personally go with either a Magnaflow or Flowmaster (or the like) because they are reasonably priced. With the Corsa or Borla you get the most out of them when you get their catback system and get the sound and performance gains and they are also MUCH more expensive 99% of the time. Does that make sense?

This is just my 2 cents worth and I'm sure there will be differing views but that's based on my experiences and research :shrug:

OP
OP
04xl

04xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on how much money you wanna spend along with what your preferences are with regards to sound (which I'd suggest researching via YouTube to decide that).

With money as no object it's generally agreed that the pecking order goes corsa>borla>magnaflow>flowmaster>....

IMO, once you get down to Magnaflow and Flowmaster and below it's mostly a preference in what sound you want. I LOVE flowmaster and it's sound and have had them on several vehicles with very good luck. With the Burb I went with a Magnaflow mostly because I'd never had it before and just wanted to try something new this time. I have been very pleased with it and it's giving me the sound I was looking for with it. If you're just going to replace your muffler but keep everything else intact (like I've done as have many people here on TYF) I'd personally go with either a Magnaflow or Flowmaster (or the like) because they are reasonably priced. With the Corsa or Borla you get the most out of them when you get their catback system and get the sound and performance gains and they are also MUCH more expensive 99% of the time. Does that make sense?

This is just my 2 cents worth and I'm sure there will be differing views but that's based on my experiences and research :shrug:

That makes a lot of sense... thanks...I have been looking at youtube videos and of course the one i liked the best was the Corsa Sport.... Sounds great...I found the Borla muffler for around $175 on summit but maybe ill look on here for a used one or used flowmaster. Seems like the 40 series may be too loud for my Denali but idk.. My camaro had long tubes into cutouts...:) and I loved it but with 2 kids its not all about loud ...

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had flow 50, CbE, Magnadflow and now corsa sport. I love the corsa sport but the magnaflow would have been my secound. The CBE was the loudest and the flow 50 was just not for me

Canuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k i have no personal opinion with the flowmaster 44 with a v8, other than on youtube it sounds kick ass. I have on on my 4L ranger and it sounds great, a v8 would only be better, a muffler welded on is the cheapest, i'm cheap (sorry), thats dual looks awesome, if your budget is for it, no question, regardless which you choose

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSalsoNNBS