Brought a new (to me) Burb home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loki223

Reaction score
Well i think i'm going to sell my 05 denali i've had the last couple of years. I've always been a sucker for creature comforts, and even though these are our spare vehicles, i like creature comforts. So when a good deal came up for a 2015 Suburban LTZ that seems to be fully loaded how could i say no? Would be nice is the house was already rebuilt so i would have a garage to go over this thing in more detail, but i know i'll be borrowing my buddy's shop for the handful of things i need to do to her.

ZW2tepzPIgCVCftRIlwg=w1260-h945-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg
XpxVC5dQv2sX6FGfpSZg=w1260-h945-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg
KznqNt0LNqMrbV5H5ADg=w1260-h945-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg
I5Yl0HJkdjBgg5hBREiQ=w1260-h945-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg
aQGwby-Chyl19Exqju9Q=w1260-h945-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg
yWwqryFxYodT1h8dXtiA=w1260-h945-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg4bjlF08BSknLxC54_O7g=w1260-h945-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Known issues, front shocks, magnetic ride. Those need to be replaced, front driver's side is in need of a new one. Driver's side power running board won't deploy, low priority but i'll diagnose it. Expecting it to be the motor. Front windshield is cracked, no big deal there. And the rims need refinished, will likely try and upgrade the rims and get some new rubber on those. Other then that, she ran great, and the carfax showed extensive dealer and private mechanic servicing, so with 160k miles on it, doesn't look like any of the previous owners were like me and do everything themself. Very regular services it's entire life, which i still go back and forth if thats a selling point since i'm not one to trust dealers. But hey, not everyone can wrench. Was originally bought in Montana and then moved to western Washington at some point, got traded in at dave smith and they sent it to auction for me to pick up from a local lot. But first things first, time to look into the magnetic ride struts.

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
Oh and i want to look into adding android auto to her. Looks like there is a module that can be added. I'll also be doing the escalade style rear tails, and once i get some night driving i might be upgading the headlights as well depending on how well they perform. I'm spoiled in my truck with my Morimotos, but geez is it hard to justify Morimoto headlights on a spare rig / weekend driver.....although i think the wife is going to transform it into her DD until she has to fuel it up a couple of times....lol The burb won't get the 32 mpg her subaru gets

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
Yeah, we started looking and settled on a 2010+ But then the more i looked at it, the more i wanted a 2015+. I think these are some of the best styled GM rigs in a long time. Already have various things ordered for her. Might even get a chance to look at the driver's side step this weekend, we will see

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...although i think the wife is going to transform it into her DD until she has to fuel it up a couple of times....lol The burb won't get the 32 mpg her subaru gets
These are much safer rigs, they have great visibility sitting up so high to see problems way ahead and not plow into them blindly like the little zoomies do all the time. Safety has a price and it's in lower fuel economy.

Last time I checked over at the IIHS, there have been ZERO fatalities since 2015 in the 4x4 GMC Yukon XL version of that truck. They are that safe.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it! FWIW I got bought a 2015 Tahoe a couple of weeks ago and installed Morimoto headlights last weekend. Couldn’t be happier. Took about two weeks to talk myself into it due to the price, but really happy that I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANK ANGEVINE

Latest posts