Budget rebuild items?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buttoned most of the stuff back up (minus the splash guard/skid plates) and went for a short drive to get everything up to temperature. Nothing blew up, and everything seemed to work. When I got home the ATF was up to temp so I could check that level, and it was low enough to use up the quart of Dexron-VI I had laying around, so I'll have to limp down to the local parts store to get some more.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Current issue is that the ABS, TCS, and Brake lights are blaring in my face. I've checked the two front wheel speed sensor connectors, and they're tight.

I don't see anything obvious, and am worried that I may have inadvertently cut, crushed, or yanked on a wire or harness while removing/replacing the engines.

At least my oil pressure is higher in this engine.

1723212656005.png

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't, but my friend (a full-time mechanic w/huge garage bay & lift at his house) has a SnapOn (FapOff?) scan tool.

Is it driving funny? Any noise or vibration from the ABS kicking in?

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it driving funny? Any noise or vibration from the ABS kicking in?
No. When I close my eyes while driving down the road it feels the same as before the engine swap.

The brakes feel the same, aka normal, when I press them easy or hard. I had to re-bed the pads/rotors because they got that this surface rust from sitting exposed through some rainstorms while doing the engine swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GourmetRealtor