Calling alarm gurus...having issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
OK so this isnt my first alarm install. and I have done several recently. But for some reason this one is giving me issues. its on an 05 escalade and its a viper 5902. ive done a 05 escalade with viper before with no issues. i just did my 01 tahoe with same alarm and no issues. but this one for some reason on remote start the radio wont stay powered on. i have both ignition and both accessory wires being energized. the 2nd acc wire i have a relay being energized by the 1st acc wire. all wires have power when u remote start it. i may just redo all the wiring and make sure its all hooked up correctly. anyone have any ideas?

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which wires are you energizing during the remote start operation? You should be powering pink and white as ignition and brown and orange as acc.

OP
OP
lowAZhoe

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
I am energizing all 4 of those wires. The orange acc wire is being energized by a relay which is being triggered by the brown wire with 12 volts from the red wire.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pm OmarR on here, he seems to have alot of knowledge on this stuff!!

Thanks for the props! But the REAL master, JK, is here!!!

Like JK mentioned....brown and orange are going to be your accessory wires.

Are you sure your connections are good at these 2 wires? Use a meter and make sure you are actually getting 12V during RS, and don't check at the 5902 end of the wire, meter on the truck's wire and work your way back if you are not seeing 12V.

Like groundscr8pr mentioned, if you have 12V at all of them, you *should* be good.

The radio is still working correctly when starting with the key, correct?

OP
OP
lowAZhoe

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
I will check voltages when I get home. Radio works fine when using the key to start. If my voltages are good I'll probably start looking at the radio wiring since it's aftermarket. The radio comes on. But cuts off when it cranks. I'm thinking it's a voltage issue myself.

One other thing. I'm using the xk01 and xk06. After deactivating remote start the doors lock. Any settings I can change for that?

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are powering up all of the ignition and acc wires with the RS correctly, then the everything should work as if you had the key in. So, IMO, it shouldn't be the radio harness if the radio is working properly with the key.

As for the XK01 and 06, I could be wrong (JK can correct me), but I don't think you can do anything about the door locking after shutdown. That's the module shutting down the RAP feature, so your OEM radio doesn't stay on for 10 minutes after shutdown everytime.

OP
OP
lowAZhoe

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
Well I got it all working. I said screw it and just rewired it. I think it was a loose connection on the white ignition wire. Thanks for the help guys.

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I practically did the same install in my 05 Denali and a 5901.

I didn't touch the brown wire - and everything works fine. According to the service manual, the brown wire runs the 2nd tier accessories like the front/rear wipers, special equip, and the truck body controller accy. (the last TBC ACCY not be confused with TBC IGN0 which is required).

Regardless - glad you got it working

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcqkslvr

Latest posts