can I upgrade my 1998 GMC Yukon brake upgrade from a newer Yukon/Suburban ect. if I have a lift with bigger rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dangina

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! Just bought a new to me 1998 GMC Yukon off a older gentlemen that is bone stock with only 147xxxkm on it. Im doing a minor lift with new keys/blocks/longer stroke shocks so I can run 32-33" wheels in a 18-20" rim (still scrolling the local ads) but I was thinking of also upgrading the brakes on this thing they look a bit small for the size of the vehicle, was wondering if someone here by now has installed the brakes from a newer Chevy/GMC with minimal work. Like rotors/calipers, brake lines, and caliper brackets and maybe brake booster? I'll be daily driving this rig and the local pick and pull has plenty of newer chevys in the yard with not alot of miles on them

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luckily the lift kit and the front brakes have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

My understanding from experience on my Chevy Tahoe:
the front brake caliper brackets, calipers, pads and rotors from a 2010 Suburban are plug & play.
I hope they are as plug & play for you as they are for me.
The braking improvement from 88MpH-0 was IMMEDIATELY noticeable and IMPRESSIVE.

Any GMT900 07-14 pickup or suv should have these front brakes.
However, slight changes started in 09 and went through the rest of the GMT900s by 2010,
which is why I used GMT931 front brakes from a 2010 Suburban.