Cepek still available?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Filescreekmafia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all
New guy here I just picked up a 97 Tahoe 4 dr and am looking to lift it. From what Ive read on here the Cepek 6.5 seems to be one of the better lifts for this truck. Are they still available? I have not been able to locate one online. I plan on running 35 MTZs on 15x10 wheels. Looks like I may have to go the RCX route. Thanks for any input.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea from what I've read they are no longer producing them however depending on your budget there are other great lift kits out there i went with super lift and honestly couldn't be happier RCX is a good lift for the money as well

OP
OP
F

Filescreekmafia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Don. Superlift was my first choice but after doing some research on here I was leaning toward Cepek or RCX. The RCX seems to be a good bit cheaper too. My main concern is fitting the 35-12.50s on 10" wheels without cranking the TBs too much or doing alot of trimming.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cv angles are in the pic below , i bought the 6.5 inch kit but I'm sitting at 5 inches at the moment with a negative crank . i did have to trim a bit
custom4.jpg

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't see any problems with running 35s i have the rcx and i am running 37s with little rub at full turn when flexing. I don't suppose you would have to trim any to run 35s. By the way this kit is very solid and not bad for the price either i paid about $1400 with upgraded shocks, sway bar links, and steering stabilizer.

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't see any problems with running 35s i have the rcx and i am running 37s with little rub at full turn when flexing. I don't suppose you would have to trim any to run 35s. By the way this kit is very solid and not bad for the price either i paid about $1400 with upgraded shocks, sway bar links, and steering stabilizer.

Did you have to install the new driveshaft?

redaddiction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a Cepek kit check on ebay there is a place who is still making them.

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went on superlifts site and saw two 4-6" kits. thats just fancy talk for " 4 inch lift but you can crank to get six" right? i was wanting the 6.5" kit then crank to 7 or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968