Changing Rims on a Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend bought a Sierra Denali truck with factory 18s. He then got the factory CK375's the same week and asked the same questions regarding warranty and they told him it won't void anything since all products are GM made.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend bought a Sierra Denali truck with factory 18s. He then got the factory CK375's the same week and asked the same questions regarding warranty and they told him it won't void anything since all products are GM made.

Yup, it tends to be a little less clear when it comes to 2 mode hybrids because of any affect a change in wheel/tires may or may not have on the regenerative braking and all things electric. Getting a definitive answer from GM in this regard has been quite the ordeal.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick question ...

Does anyone know of a GM oem 22" wheel for Tahoe/Yuk/Esc wider than a 9?
All I found was 9s and would love to get something a little wider.

Cheers!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick question ...

Does anyone know of a GM oem 22" wheel for Tahoe/Yuk/Esc wider than a 9?
All I found was 9s and would love to get something a little wider.

Cheers!

negative, they are all 9" wide. a 10" wheel is not going to make a difference.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
negative, they are all 9" wide. a 10" wheel is not going to make a difference.

Ah ... thanks for the info on the oem issue. :Handshake:

Now, about the difference one inch might make ... :evillol:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Helloz, :)

Can you guys tell me if this is a good deal? 22/9s

Looks good to me but I wanted to check ...

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Helloz, :)

Can you guys tell me if this is a good deal? 22/9s

Looks good to me but I wanted to check ...

yes that is a good deal especially if they are new. Are the custom lug nuts, tire pressure sensors and center caps included? because those three things can add up a little bit of $$ too.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes that is a good deal especially if they are new. Are the custom lug nuts, tire pressure sensors and center caps included? because those three things can add up a little bit of $$ too.

It says the center caps are included ...

I think I have to buy new sensors but I was hoping to use my existing lug-nuts, but I'm not sure if that's possible or if it will look right.

I actually did a search for these guys on this forum and didn't find any feedback ... but it says on their ebay listing that if you use discount code J103175 you can get any set of 4 wheels for the price of 3. Plus their tire prices also seem reasonable.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...this thread makes me really glad I don't have a Hybrid....I just wanna be able to do what I wanna do and not have to worry about all this stuff and whether or not it'll mess up 2 mode eletric yada, yada, yada....

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...this thread makes me really glad I don't have a Hybrid....I just wanna be able to do what I wanna do and not have to worry about all this stuff and whether or not it'll mess up 2 mode eletric yada, yada, yada....

Well ... it's really about what one prioritizes.

For the benefit of gaining on fuel consumption one sacrifices the ability to do endless mods. For me the only mods I am interested in are changing the rims, later swapping for LTZ front/rear bumpers, and tinting my front windows to match. I now know that I can do all that without warranty and hybrid related issues. So for me it makes sense as I don't have to compromise anything.

But yes you are correct ... if one is into more substantial modifications then the HyHoe is probably not the right configuration for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968