Changing Rims on a Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha....I am sure Ludacris could give a rats ass about warranty, same with the white one on Giovannas.......

I am all about a hybrid but you can get the same fuel savings by modding the engine. You really want to bump up the MPG's, drop $5K on a super charger. I think JK was getting like 20 in the city after he put his on. The more horsepower your engine has the less percentage it has to use, ie less fuel, to operate in under normal driving condition. So if you don't stop the pedal every time you take off because you have an SC you'll get better gas milage......the key is to drive responsibly with all the mods. What I don't get is why I can match the hybrid MPG's in my 04' with a few mods, the hybrid should be blowing everyone's number out of the water....

not sure how a supercharger can save gas mileage based on your theory. if you don't get on the throttle, the supercharger never goes into "boost," so theoretically it's not assisting with anything? I know when I went through all 4 of the blowers I had, my gas mileage only got worse when i switched my gearing, other than that, it remained consistent, but not better/worse.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what rims these are?

black_burb.jpg

I lost the page they were posted but I believe they are 24s.

Never mind I found them :) ... pretty inexpensive I must say.

Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A hybrid will be at least that more expensive.......

Actually, the HyHoe is pretty much the exact same price as a loaded LTZ, and I believe they have the same option packages. So you get the dual mode Hybrid for free.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
not sure how a supercharger can save gas mileage based on your theory. if you don't get on the throttle, the supercharger never goes into "boost," so theoretically it's not assisting with anything? I know when I went through all 4 of the blowers I had, my gas mileage only got worse when i switched my gearing, other than that, it remained consistent, but not better/worse.

Hmmm...there was a thread a while back when JK installed his and there was a bunch of the guys saying the same thing.....as for the more HP, that's a fact as far as I know, I know as I freed up HP on my rig my milage went up....I am at like 17/18city and 20/21 highway in the winter without the AC of course.....when I got the truck it got like 14/15 17/18 stock.......shit, you've had one I haven't so I can only argue on speculation but a bunch of guys have said that on here......I hope to find out for myself someday soon.............I'll keep ya'll posted if I hit the lottery.......:cheers:

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Actually, the HyHoe is pretty much the exact same price as a loaded LTZ, and I believe they have the same option packages. So you get the dual mode Hybrid for free.

No shit..........good to know.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ... I'm going to order the wheels in my OP tomorrow, but I just wanted to ask one thing.

This picture of a Tahoe is all over the web. It really looks so beautiful ... does anyone know what wheels those are?

picture.php

And on a side note ... I realize the pic is in black and white, but I was wondering if there's such a thing as a brushed steel style (to match the 'Tahoe' lettering) chevy bowtie replacement accessory for front and rear?

Once again, thanks for any and all help.

Cheers!

Last edited:

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The supercharger improves MPG because it provides more air into the cylinders for the combustion process. But, there is always a downside. The second you throw the accelerator to the floor, you guzzle gas.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The supercharger improves MPG because it provides more air into the cylinders for the combustion process. But, there is always a downside. The second you throw the accelerator to the floor, you guzzle gas.

more air = more fuel. computer handles that. Not sure how that saves gas mileage tho?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320