Changing Rims on a Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing is simple these days ... :emotions122:

Just got my money refunded from the seller cause those rims are on back order and the special will elapse by the time they get em in stock. :(

The only oem 22s available from this seller are THESE.

But I don't want those, they're stupid ... there, I said it! :yucky:

WHAT?! Those are the best looking factory 22s IMO.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT?! Those are the best looking factory 22s IMO.

I didn't say they weren't pretty, I said they were stupid! :bleh:

Nah, it's not that I don't like them, it's more that they are rather common and I wanted something a little more unique.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not quite.

The supercharger needs a new tune which corrects the fuel amount for the air amount. Higher pressure = higher molecular amount of oxygen in the air = more complete/efficient combustion when ignited with the fuel. Therefore, more efficient, better mileage. People who lose mileage are people who are pushing the pedal too hard.

i was under the impression that a supercharger that comes with larger fuel injectors than what the stock vehicle comes with, a larger fuel pump, etc, needed a tune to adjust the spark and larger amount of air and fuel that the supercharger will demand under boost conditions?

I did not gain gas mileage with any of them I had (MP112 w/ 42lb, MP122HH w/ 60lb, and TVS1900 w/ 42lb). But I did not gain gas mileage either.

Weird, maybe it depends on the supercharger...

(sorry to threadjack, just an interesting topic that I have never heard of)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really down (relatively speaking) with what happened today ... the whole thing was done and paid for after a week of deliberating on spending the cash and then it went to hell. Ugh! :(

I'm not sure what to buy anymore ... but I was wondering if THESE will fit my truck without clearance issues with the 305/40VR22 tires?

I'm not necessarily buying this set of wheels, it's just for future size considerations so I know what is possible and what isn't.

Thanks for any input.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really down (relatively speaking) with what happened today ... the whole thing was done and paid for after a week of deliberating on spending the cash and then it went to hell. Ugh! :(

I'm not sure what to buy anymore ... but I was wondering if THESE will fit my truck without clearance issues with the 305/40VR22 tires?

I'm not necessarily buying this set of wheels, it's just for future size considerations so I know what is possible and what isn't.

Thanks for any input.

i thought u were gonna keep it all OEM to maintain the warranty? Running a 305/40 is outside of GM standards, I'd stick with the 285/45/22 and OEM wheels...

I woulda told the other GM place that you'd be willing to wait until they came in... that was an insane deal.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought u were gonna keep it all OEM to maintain the warranty? Running a 305/40 is outside of GM standards, I'd stick with the 285/45/22 and OEM wheels...

I'm having second thoughts about oems ... hell, I'll buy a jack and an impact wrench and switch 'em out myself when I have to go to the dealer for service or warranty work.

I woulda told the other GM place that you'd be willing to wait until they came in... that was an insane deal.

I did tell them that and he'll call me when they do ... but they probably won't be on sale at that time. This guy sells them for $450 without the sale they had going on, which is still good but obviously not as good as if they had them in stock today.

Do you know if the above size wheel/tire combo will fit my truck? :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes they would fit, but i'd be pretty pissed off if you got those and I had to fly up there and piss on them. no dice bro... :(

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: I'm sure he'd be pretty pissed at you too :D

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright alright, everyone zip up and calm down ... no one is to piss on anyone or at anything just yet. I'll make sure to run any potential purchase by all interested parties before any decision is made. You know, to make sure YOU guys are happy! :waytogo:

:)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member