Chevrolet Suburban 3500 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve! Yeah, I'll buy from Walmart when the time comes.

Another question I haven't found a definitive answer to is whether or not the L96 in the 3500 HD can run E85. Still looking...

OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Thanks Steve! Yeah, I'll buy from Walmart when the time comes.

Another question I haven't found a definitive answer to is whether or not the L96 in the 3500 HD can run E85. Still looking...
Here is what the Suburban HD supplemental manual shows. If the truck has a yellow fuel cap you can use E85.
I am going to ASSUME that your truck still has the factory fuel cap at 18k miles.

Attachments

• IMG_6673.jpeg
    IMG_6673.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 2

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what the Suburban HD supplemental manual shows. If the truck has a yellow fuel cap you can use E85.
I am going to ASSUME that your truck still has the factory fuel cap at 18k miles.
It doesn't and the cap is black. :-(

Thanks for reminding me about that - I'd forgotten that that's a way to tell.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I picked up a new battery for the Hoe, Walmart had two choices:

1721933697898.png

I bought the MAXX - 3 year full replacement warranty and 800 CCA. The Value model is only 600 CCA and only a 1 year full replacement warranty (half the price, less power, and 1/3 the warranty of the MAXX). IIRC correctly the one I bought was made in S. Korea, or Taiwan, somewhere overseas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
It does and the cap is black. :-(

Thanks for reminding me about that - I'd forgotten that that's a way to tell.
You got the sticker?? Dang. Lucky… mine must have been removed and because I know the fleet it was it they put a sticker from a label maker that says “GASOLINE ONLY”… wonder if they had issues with ppl using wrong fuel before

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got the sticker?? Dang. Lucky… mine must have been removed and because I know the fleet it was it they put a sticker from a label maker that says “GASOLINE ONLY”… wonder if they had issues with ppl using wrong fuel before
Typo, sorry. No, it does not have the sticker.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I picked up a new battery for the Hoe, Walmart had two choices:

View attachment 433671

I bought the MAXX - 3 year full replacement warranty and 800 CCA. The Value model is only 600 CCA and only a 1 year full replacement warranty (half the price, less power, and 1/3 the warranty of the MAXX). IIRC correctly the one I bought was made in S. Korea, or Taiwan, somewhere overseas.
For mine, they only have the Maxx and the Platinum, but the difference is only $20, so it's not significant. I'm just gun shy about AGM's, having had 4 of them die after only 2 years or less, in other cars.

1721936508686.png

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been buying the Gold Max version of those batteries now for a few years now. They are way cheaper than anything from the local parts store and last just as long,if not longer. Around here, I generally get 2-3 years out of batteries it seems. On the AAP batteries, I sometimes didn't even get 2 years. I think their new Gold Max batteries are now 3 year warranty.

I bought a Gold Max for my Silverado back in like 2010 and that's what I remember I got out of it, like 2-3 years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1