Chevrolet Suburban 3500 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
We will be traveling next week and looking much like you! We have the captain seats which I think is the only major difference between our trucks. It works well for the dog as she’s 100+lbs… she used to ride on the lap of whoever was in the back seat. Now she has a full dog bed.

And as we all know, we here on this forum NEVER buy anything for ourselves. It’s for the family… fewer complaints tho mean less we have to put up with. Win + Win. Lol

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And as we all know, we here on this forum NEVER buy anything for ourselves. It’s for the family… fewer complaints tho mean less we have to put up with. Win + Win. Lol
Dad level achieved: Mastery

And yeah, we have captains in both of our Yukon XL's and we like it better for the dog, too. I'll eventually start looking for a clean set of captains chairs, but I want to tackle the batteries and tires/wheels first, I think.

OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Dad level achieved: Mastery

And yeah, we have captains in both of our Yukon XL's and we like it better for the dog, too. I'll eventually start looking for a clean set of captains chairs, but I want to tackle the batteries and tires/wheels first, I think.
You better believe I’ve earned that award. I think we should talk to the moderators about adding that achievement here.

Tires/wheels will be a great discussion. I do love the HD wheels. The best were the GMT800HD ones but that’s my opinion.

whjco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently purchased a 2018 Suburban 3500 and have no clue what I’m dealing with here. I am dangerous enough but as I go through the truck there are a lot of oddities I need help with figuring out.

1) The tow capacity is listed at 3000lbs. This is a non-armored unit and shows a payload capacity of 4700lb. It has the additional cooling capacity with trans and oil coolers and has a class V hitch rated at 10k lbs (factory). What is the actual towing capacity (safely) of this truck?

2) I have looked all over this forum and found all the how-to guides for adding auto-dimming mirrors but this truck seems to have the older model mirrors with just the blindspot built in. The truck does have an interior dimming mirror. Does the internet believe this will support a conversion to DL3 mirrors?

3) I would love vented front seats… has anyone integrated an Escalade interior into a Suburban/Yukon? Or is it better to just grab a set of Denali seats? My truck has memory, power, and heated seats so would all I need is the new seats and the button with the vent feature?

Thank you all and I look forward to any and all information you can provide.
The Yukon XL Denali also has seats with AC cooling as well as heat.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Yukon XL Denali also has seats with AC cooling as well as heat.
Cooled seats in the 2nd row? I would imagine that would only be enabled by programming if it wasn’t a feature from the factory, and the wiring may not be there for the cooling part on an LT. My second row is heated but neither from or second row are cooled on the 3500’s.

OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Cooled seats in the 2nd row? I would imagine that would only be enabled by programming if it wasn’t a feature from the factory, and the wiring may not be there for the cooling part on an LT. My second row is heated but neither from or second row are cooled on the 3500’s.
I think he was commenting on my earlier question about adding cooling to the front seats. All in all, it seems like any seats with cooling + wire harness should enable the cooling in the front. Back seats - ain’t gonna happen. Even the Caddy doesn’t have that so would have to be custom seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1