Chevrolet Suburban 3500 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newer trans doesn’t not have a dipstick. We are both planning to add what GM should have included.
Oh, I didn't know that. So there's like plug down in the bottom of the transmission? Just remove that and install the dipstick tube it sounds like?

Our 20 Express Van 6L90 does have a dipstick. I was kinda shocked the first time I popped the hood and saw the dipstick though.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So looking at the ebay pictures it looks like the y-pipe is nice and round as it goes under the transmission. Can you verify and also what's the diameter?

OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know that. So there's like plug down in the bottom of the transmission? Just remove that and install the dipstick tube it sounds like?

Our 20 Express Van 6L90 does have a dipstick. I was kinda shocked the first time I popped the hood and saw the dipstick though.
I am going to check to see if my truck does but I am 99% confident it does not. I think fleet vehicles did get them in some cases but not all.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The plug is on the passenger side of the transmission, on top of the pan casting in the case. It has a removable plug that is designed to accommodate a seal and the end of the dipstick tube.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So looking at the ebay pictures it looks like the y-pipe is nice and round as it goes under the transmission. Can you verify and also what's the diameter?
I had a minute, so I went out of the garage and laid underneath it for a second and took some measurements and pictures. The pipes coming from the headers into the Y, are 3 inch and round. And the exhaust behind the Y is 4 inch, also round.

IMG_0451.jpeg
IMG_0452.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts