Chevrolet Suburban 3500 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
I don’t believe it does. There’s a fill level plug on the highest level of the pan, but that’s the closest thing to a removable plug.
1722693453478.png
Are you sure? Unless I am looking at the wrong part and this is the engine oil drain plug…?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not in the lower portion of the pan. As far as I know, that’s a fill level plug.
I would slap one of the Holley B&M deep pans on there have it on both of mine. add's a couple extra quarts capacity and some cooling, drain plug
just have to fiigure out which one I think the 6l80/6l90 pans are each different maybe
shows no match for the 3500 but I bet you could just go by the transmission model, I don't think there is anything in the way versus a 1500
to install the exhaust may have to be loosened up as a little extra room is needed to get the pan on.
magnet is just transfered over to the new pan from the oem

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would slap one of the Holley B&M deep pans on there have it on both of mine. add's a couple extra quarts capacity and some cooling, drain plug
just have to fiigure out which one I think the 6l80/6l90 pans are each different maybe
shows no match for the 3500 but I bet you could just go by the transmission model, I don't think there is anything in the way versus a 1500
to install the exhaust may have to be loosened up as a little extra room is needed to get the pan on.
magnet is just transfered over to the new pan from the oem
That’s a good call since it’s primarily a tow rig. I’ll look into it.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The passenger side mirror glass on the 2018 Suburban 3500 is flat instead of the normal convex, so it's difficult to get a full view of what's on the right side, such as when backing out of a parking space, or passing on the highway. So I replaced it with an aftermarket convex one. It uses the same size, shape and mount as the GMT900 mirrors, and they're heated, with the blind spot alert LED, but no turn signal indicators. Naturally, GM doesn't list a replacement part that's not flat, and all other generations of the GMT900 that had heated mirrors, also all apparently had turn signal indicators, while only some also had the blind spot alert. Hence, the connectors and wiring on the back of the mirrors are different.

So, I bought a convex, heated aftermarket replacement with the blind spot alert and turn signal from Amazon, and modified the wiring on the back. I cut the wires for the turn signal indicator, and spliced the factory connector onto the wires for the blind spot alert with heat-shrink butt connectors. Seems to be working well, and I can see a useful picture in my side mirror now.

I didn't take pics but here are the parts I used and the video I followed:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
The passenger side mirror glass on the 2018 Suburban 3500 is flat instead of the normal convex, so it's difficult to get a full view of what's on the right side, such as when backing out of a parking space, or passing on the highway. So I replaced it with an aftermarket convex one. It uses the same size, shape and mount as the GMT900 mirrors, and they're heated, with the blind spot alert LED, but no turn signal indicators. Naturally, GM doesn't list a replacement part that's not flat, and all other generations of the GMT900 that had heated mirrors, also all apparently had turn signal indicators, while only some also had the blind spot alert. Hence, the connectors and wiring on the back of the mirrors are different.

So, I bought a convex, heated aftermarket replacement with the blind spot alert and turn signal from Amazon, and modified the wiring on the back. I cut the wires for the turn signal indicator, and spliced the factory connector onto the wires for the blind spot alert with heat-shrink butt connectors. Seems to be working well, and I can see a useful picture in my side mirror now.

I didn't take pics but here are the parts I used and the video I followed:

THATS why I any see Jack, Betty, or the Prius I’m going to merge into! Thank you! Will probably do this as well and give me a good starting point to look into adding auto dimming to the driver mirror too.

Also, two other questions:
1) Without load, what do you see the transmission temp avg? I’m seeing about 160ish at highway speeds (70-80)
2) Are your rain sensing wipers super sensitive? I have them on the lowest setting and they will go full take-off speed even when it’s misting. *glass and sensor are clean unobstructed.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THATS why I any see Jack, Betty, or the Prius I’m going to merge into! Thank you! Will probably do this as well and give me a good starting point to look into adding auto dimming to the driver mirror too.

Also, two other questions:
1) Without load, what do you see the transmission temp avg? I’m seeing about 160ish at highway speeds (70-80)
Yes, same.

2) Are your rain sensing wipers super sensitive? I have them on the lowest setting and they will go full take-off speed even when it’s misting. *glass and sensor are clean unobstructed.
Not that I've noticed. Seems similar the ones on our Land Rover which work very well. Something may be wrong in the settings? Maybe try "high" sensitivity in case it's counterintuitive?

OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Yes, same.

Not that I've noticed. Seems similar the ones on our Land Rover which work very well. Something may be wrong in the settings? Maybe try "high" sensitivity in case it's counterintuitive?
Thanks. Wonder if/how much difference the trans thermostat will make?

Tried putting it on high sensitivity and they will wipe with too much pollen on the glass… not sure. Oh well. Small first world problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crow