Chevy Tahoe as a police vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xander569

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of SSV Tahoes used by our local power comapny -Dominion Power. There is nothing special about the SSV Tahoe. Its a basic LS with rubber floors, no roof rack, and no onstar. It really amazes me that I cannot order or find one of these....

Do you mean the ppv? It is not likely that they are using them...

http://www.gmfleet.com/government/police/chevy-tahoe-2WD/index.jsp

One of the biggest differences is the lowered suspension for higher speeds, and they all have those distinct (and ugly) rims.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the PD vehicles in the city I live are Tahoes...even a few that are are blacked out.....unmarked but you can totally pick them out ;)

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Most of the PD vehicles in the city I live are Tahoes...even a few that are are blacked out.....unmarked but you can totally pick them out ;)

If their cars don't look like mine then they are far from blacked out.:Handshake:
Just black police cars.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres some pics of ours in Hoover:

hist7.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_9214.jpg
(No, I don't know who that is.)

HooPDc870_20060321_1699a400.jpg

HooPDc995_20080901_3911a400.jpg

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need pics of the 3 here! They are unmarked. And I thought they had the black steelies but they don't. I'm
Going for another picture today. They better be there!

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NJSP Tahoes - Marked ones used most for commercial truck divison, they are pretty simple looking but sick at the same time.
njsp359.jpg

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Our local Lubbock Police Department and the Lubbock County Sheriff's Department are both transitioning over to the Chevy Tahoe as their primary police vehicle.

The Lubbock Police Department recently purchased 63 Chevy Tahoes to start their switchover. The black and white vehicles are a throwback colorwise to decades past, but the color scheme looks sharp and intimidating on the Tahoes as they cruise the streets.

Here's a newspaper link: http://lubbockonline.com/local-news/2011-07-15/lpd-starts-transition-tahoe-new-police-vehicle . An interesting statistic in the article is the police department expects to get miles per gallon figures much more in line with what I get in my 2010 Tahoe, rather than the EPA estimates, which means they'll spend a lot of time filling up. :eek:

Could not get a better pic because he was moving pretty fast. They do look good in person though.
2011-08-19_14-25-31_806.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968