Cold Air Intake Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
the AEM dryflow filter for that tube is $57... if a person were to buy that intake kit and then buy the AEM tube for $57... seems like they would BASICLY have an AEM brute force for under $125. now THATS a great deal...

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
well you would still need to get a high flow air filter, and that fram air hog is a peice of shit... the K&N drop in is still $65

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really no need for a new one. Stock flows quite nicely. Put a few new holes in the bottom of the box to increase the amount of air it can take it...Just throwing it out there... I know you want to go aftermarket.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i already have an airraid intake tube and K&N drop in filter... saw a lot of MPG's after that upgrade, not to mention i also have several "custom" holes drilling in the box and mounting plate... haha, so im already with ya, but the problem lies in the heat soak and the open element w/ heat shield intakes have proven themselves to perform better from what i have learned

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're focusing too much on this idea then. You've already seen a substantial upgrade with what you've done. You aren't going to be seeing much more. That $125 is just $75 short of a custom tune. I think you see what I'm getting at

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm in that boat too :crazy: I am obviously just expression my own personal opinion. I think you are better off spending the dime elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shrubb