Dashboard Gauge Lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B0$$MAN

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
Will the normal straight LED lights illuminate all the gauges or would something with 90 degree bulbs along with straight LED lights as well. For example...

wled-x5.jpg

I just want to make sure so that I order the right ones.

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
120 vs 90

I ve tried both, the 120 degree bulb isnt as bright but it is more uniform, with the 90 degrees i had bright spots so i bought the 120 s and have them in now. I went with blue leds and teh guage needles seem very dim. It was the same with the 90 degree bulbs, has anyone else had a dim gauge needle prblem after swapping to leds?

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thie 90 degrees were 4 led and the 120 were 1 led, the place i bought them didnt offer anything over 1 led at 120 degree angle. If you can find a 4 led 120 angle i think that would be the way to go, my biggest issue is the blue led doesnt illuminate my needles very good, i wonder what the guy that posted the pictures used to get his needles to glow so awesome.

johnsgonewild

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello

hello everyone..... I love the blue gauges! but unfortunately I have an 05 yukon... could anyone please give some more information of exactly what steps i have to take to change out my stock lights for some blue ones?

i mean what lights to use?

what other hardware i would need, such as (i read somewhere on here that resistors need to be used???)

where can i buy all of the components to perform this operation?

PLEASE HELP!! I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS!!!

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blue gauges

i got all my leds from the same place thats posted at the sticky(L.E.D. Bulb Conversion/Cross Reference List). the ones i got had resistors on them already. If i were you I would just read all the threads that are on here alreay, i read all of them at least deciding what to do. If i remember right the 2005 dont have the plug and play lights and youd have to solder them. But I know all the information is already posted, its just a matter of going through all the info. There s some good pics on some of them as well.

johnsgonewild

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i got all my leds from the same place thats posted at the sticky(L.E.D. Bulb Conversion/Cross Reference List). the ones i got had resistors on them already. If i were you I would just read all the threads that are on here alreay, i read all of them at least deciding what to do. If i remember right the 2005 dont have the plug and play lights and youd have to solder them. But I know all the information is already posted, its just a matter of going through all the info. There s some good pics on some of them as well.

Thank you for the advice... I am experienced in soldering.... I was really just wondering if there is someone wo has already completed this operation, and was wondering if it is even possible due to the fact that the lights in mine are not plug and play.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice... I am experienced in soldering.... I was really just wondering if there is someone wo has already completed this operation, and was wondering if it is even possible due to the fact that the lights in mine are not plug and play.

i'm in the process now of converting all mine to leds. have the passenger side window switch, both seat warmer controls and the cluster left to do. i was tempted to do the radio as well, but i think i'm going to be getting a DD soon, but so i didn't want to waste my leds on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevpar