Dealer service backed up two weeks or more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwhittler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Small service issue - front camera stopped working.

Have contacted the three closest GMC dealer service departments.
1. All require I make a service appointment and show up, none of the would let me talk to anyone who would give me an idea how backed up their electrical techs are over the phone.
2. After driving to the dealer the best (fastest) was "leave your Yukon, the tech will be able to look at it in two weeks to let you know how long it will take"
3. No loaner vehicles available.

I called GMC and they recommended I try a dealer out of town. Would be at least a two hour drive each way. My thought is, no way am I going to spend the money to rent a car or call Uber for two weeks just to get a little plastic camera repaired, might as well take it to a local mechanic and pay out of my pocket.

Suggests?

David
2023 Yukon Denali

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this dealer service issue doesn't seem to be too uncommon.

What I'd do is take a look at the wiring running to the camera. See if it's disconnected or pinched anywhere. Based on the pictures in the link below, looks like it's just a coax style push connector.

GM #84710888 - ~$150 to replace if you determine the camera itself is bad and needs to be replaced...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Call GMC again. Ask about taking to an independent shop that they could recommend and would reimburse you for costs. As long as it is not a safety issue, GM is likely gonna tell you, "tough luck".

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make the appointment for 2 weeks out, show up, tell them you will be in the service waiting area. My guess is they will tell you it needs to be left, that is when you ask for a loaner. They will tell you they do not have any, at which time I would ask to see the Svc Mgr, who will likely get you a rental from Enterprise, which will be the smallest and cheapest Enterprise has. The stealer will tell you if you want the upgrade to a like vehicle, you need to pay the additional cost. Explain to them you are a family of 7, that is the only 7 seater you have, and they need to provide a vehicle like the one you have. They will argue, call GM, explain the 7 occupants, you will get your SUV.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this dealer service issue doesn't seem to be too uncommon.

What I'd do is take a look at the wiring running to the camera. See if it's disconnected or pinched anywhere. Based on the pictures in the link below, looks like it's just a coax style push connector.

GM #84710888 - ~$150 to replace if you determine the camera itself is bad and needs to be replaced...
There is a calibration needed. Was required when mine needed replacing when the lens on it cracked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk morgan