Debadging and Removing Mouldings???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw another tahoe debadge and demolded on my drive home yesterday. I have said all along I would never do this mod because I felt the moldings on the yukons really made them look good. I am convinced now that I will do this in the coming weeks.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Post up you fender flares if you take them off. People go crazy over them. I know i need a set

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i only did the debadge thing. Leaving the moldings on for now because I like the debadge with moldings look. To take the badges off I tried dental floss but it broke right away. I found an old shoe string and it worked like a charm....badges came right off. I then used an old credit card to get the adhesive off and this too worked like a charm. Using Goo Gone this evening to get the rest of the residue off. I can't wait to get some wheels as I know wheels just set these vehicles off.

DoubleR

Reaction score
I debagge my Yuk with out a problem. Now I am working on removing the moldings. Yeah I'm doing a section at a time but so far no paint issue. I will admit to sore fingers due to lack of the GREAT wheel. I plan to finish the mod over the 3 day weekend

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I debagge my Yuk with out a problem. Now I am working on removing the moldings. Yeah I'm doing a section at a time but so far no paint issue. I will admit to sore fingers due to lack of the GREAT wheel. I plan to finish the mod over the 3 day weekend

I didn't have the Great wheel either. Goo Gone didn't work as well as I expected it to. So I used rubbing alcohol, it is the best adhesive remover I have found to date. Post pics of yours debadge/demolded. I really need some pics to see if I want to demold.

Doomsta510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a Hair Dryer and some string that's used on shoes to remove my badges/moldings, finished with blisters and sore fingers after it all but im happy with the results.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really shouldn't have much left behind them that a buffer can't get rid of. I just took the liftgate badges off my mom's 05 yesterday and all the residue came right off with some Meg's 105 followed by 205. Like they were never even there.

DoubleR

Reaction score
I took the molding off this weekend. I switched from Goo Gone to rubbing alcohol to remove the residue. Thanks MY01YUK!! Now I just need to clean it up\wax and I'm good. I already like the cleaner lines

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts