Denali headlights in regular yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bret04yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Regards to the denali lights

Did the stock denali headlights come with halogen and or (I think) hid bulbs? And if they did not, could you throw an hid kit in there? Or would that potentially melt the lenses? I would like to know because I picked up a (damn near) brand new pair from a salvage yard off an 05 denali that was in a totaling rear end collision, and want to get a high quality hid kit or do the morimoto projector swap if I can not just throw in hid bulbs.

Thanks any info would be helpful.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Did the stock denali headlights come with halogen and or (I think) hid bulbs? And if they did not, could you throw an hid kit in there? Or would that potentially melt the lenses? I would like to know because I picked up a (damn near) brand new pair from a salvage yard off an 05 denali that was in a totaling rear end collision, and want to get a high quality hid kit or do the morimoto projector swap if I can not just throw in hid bulbs.

Thanks any info would be helpful.

They come with halogen bulb and halogen projectors. Yes you can run a HID kit in them and get a decent result, I did it when I had my 05 Nali. Now if you want the best output switch to HID projectors with that HID kit and enjoy.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They come with halogen bulb and halogen projectors. Yes you can run a HID kit in them and get a decent result, I did it when I had my 05 Nali. Now if you want the best output switch to HID projectors with that HID kit and enjoy.

When you say "decent result" do you mean as good or better than stock halogen? I'm considering this.
Thanks

comerz1

Reaction score
Any suggestions to brand of HID kit and light assembly? I have found not all are created equal when it comes to aftermarket lights.

comerz1

Reaction score
Any how to's here? Found a retrofit site but they don't show anything for the Denali as a kit. Where do you get the retrofit plates? Sorry I am a dummy when it comes to this late model stuff, I am alway neck deep in classic cars and trucks.

criffaaa1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any how to's here? Found a retrofit site but they don't show anything for the Denali as a kit. Where do you get the retrofit plates? Sorry I am a dummy when it comes to this late model stuff, I am alway neck deep in classic cars and trucks.

I'm New too, but an in the process of doing the retro also. This should help point you on the right direction. The only problem I'm running into is finding the adapter plates, so if anyone has some that fit the mh1 6.0 that they aren't gonna use shoot me a pm.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43614

sent from my Crifftastic $3

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320