DFM disabler released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoloLobo76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was just looking on their website and saw it available too. Went ahead and ordered one. Hoping it works. Anyone got one and using it?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds interesting…there’s a little bit of an install process removing an ECU connector and fender liner. I was hoping more for a dish connector easy install. :)

Curious how it works out for you. Thanks for the info on it.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not only a DFM disabler, but it also disables the auto start/stop feature. This is a great option while maintaining your warranty and to buy time tuning the Global B ECM's becomes easier and cheaper.

umar96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So buying this will protect against the lifter issues? That's the only thing that has held me back from buying a 2021-2024 Yukon or Suburban.

Silverado4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So buying this will protect against the lifter issues? That's the only thing that has held me back from buying a 2021-2024 Yukon or Suburban.
No it will not as people have installed it and still had lifter issues back when they had the bad run of lifter issues which was September 2020 to March 2021 engine build date not vehicle build date from the company that made the lifters for GM.

SoloLobo76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was hoping for an easier install as well like the other ones that go on the obd under the dash. Doesn’t seem that bad though but if there are issues then it’s a pain to remove or check.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it affects emissions testing VIA the readiness checks like the earlier devices do.

KC 2013 Tahoe

Reaction score
I've had it on our 2013 for several years and it simply plugs into the ODB2 port and stays there.
We have annual emissions inspections here in metro-PHX, so all I do is unplug it before heading in for the emissions test (all they do is plug into OBD2 port and check for any emissions related MIL codes) and plug it back in when I get home.
No issues to date and our Tahoe runs great with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomatic