DFM disabler released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

@KMeloney Check out the link above if you read more of the details it sounds like the range device eliminates BOTH the auto start/stop and DFM with the single range device.
The Range device does eliminate both. However, some of us already have the auto start/stop eliminator installed. I, too, was wondering about both installed and if they would conflict. I am glad to hear there are no issues with both.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Range device does eliminate both. However, some of us already have the auto start/stop eliminator installed. I, too, was wondering about both installed and if they would conflict. I am glad to hear there are no issues with both.

@KMeloney Check out the link above if you read more of the details it sounds like the range device eliminates BOTH the auto start/stop and DFM with the single range device.
Exactly why I asked. I have the ASE installed, and I wouldn't want to uninstall it if there's absolutely no reason to.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I asked. I have the ASE installed, and I wouldn't want to uninstall it if there's absolutely no reason to.

I just watched the video of that ASE start/stop eliminator installation, I guess that device is pretty involved on the installation too with the removal of some of the dash trim pieces to the left of the steering and such...

But it's still reversable and you can uninstall it and revert back to stock.

Now Range has a single device that offers both start/stop eliminator and DFM disabler. If it were me I probably wouldn't leave both devices installed regardless if they played nice together. I'd just uninstall the ASE and install the new Range device and list the ASE for sale on here to recoup a couple bucks.

One less aftermarket harness installed seems like the better safer long term option, though it is a little extra work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngraham2010