Dod failure/opportunity?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Talk about BIG BROTHER watching everything.
So glad I live out West in relative freedom.
Big Brother is always watching someone somewhere - but can never watch everyone everywhere.
Also, Big Brutha does NOT have anywhere near 20/20 eyesight.

It takes some effort, but too many people here are too scared to get how tuneable these vehicles really are.

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Brother is always watching someone somewhere - but can never watch everyone everywhere.
Also, Big Brutha does NOT have anywhere near 20/20 eyesight.

It takes some effort, but too many people here are too scared to get how tuneable these vehicles really are.
My problem is living so remote, nobody in this town can tune these without removing the ecm/tcm from the vehicle and sending it off.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My problem is living so remote, nobody in this town can tune these without removing the ecm & tcm from the vehicle and sending it off.
I appreciate that the other solutions are equally off-putting:
Buying a separate ecm AND a separate ('bloody') tcm, both pretuned, to replace the ones you already have
Hoping for a nomadic tuner to drift on through
Driving a very long way to the tuner

OP
OP

2015Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well to update this, I cheaped out. Pulled the intake, injectors and vlom out, tapped on the lifter and popped it loose. New pushrod, gaskets, injector seals and threw it back together. Using a cheapie afm disabler, been about 300 miles so far and it seems fine so far. Newborn baby and neglected race cars just don't have time right now to tear it down and do it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts