Does anyone know about protective steel plates for behind Door handles? HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlackTrain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my Yukon was broken into tonight, and from what I understand, and now have personally experienced, these are the easiest vehicles in the world to break into. Sparing the details of how its done, mainly because its the last thing we need more of on the internet, is..."the tahoeyukonforum told me how to break into trucks" crap. I was told there is a metal plate that has been designed to keep people from punching holes in your doors with a screwdriver and simply unlocking your truck.

If you have any knowledge of this, then you will know what I am talking about, but I was hoping someone would know what my buddy was talking about and where I could get them. Write ups or install instructions would be great too. I have tried searching but not knowing what to call them, or even until tonight, knowing that they are necessary, its been a little challenging to search for. They broke my dash all to sh.t and stole my Nav and gun.

Thanks in advance.

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are gonna punch a hole in a door to get in.... they will break the glass to do the same thing....

TapaTalk ROCKS!!!!

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are gonna punch a hole in a door to get in.... they will break the glass to do the same thing....

TapaTalk ROCKS!!!!

If they don't want to draw attention and be unseen.
Jimmie jammers and hood lock is wise investment and get some old sirens, the ones that wine in hi pitch. You have to have different tone so you won't stay in window and can tell your tone from other chirp chirps.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

OP
OP
B

BigBlackTrain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If they don't want to draw attention and be unseen.
Jimmie jammers and hood lock is wise investment and get some old sirens, the ones that wine in hi pitch. You have to have different tone so you won't stay in window and can tell your tone from other chirp chirps.

Thanks so much. This was broad day light at a church when they broke in. They hit 6 cars in the lot.
Are you suggesting sirens for when the alarm sets off? Because when they punch the lock, the alarm never went off. I have 130db train horns that are set up to go off if the alarm goes off. Isn't there an alarm that connects to your phone and warns you when it goes off? I'm just over this, its the second time my truck has been broken into, and the second gun stolen from me.

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have shock sensor adjusted and they didn't open the doors? Alarm should have sounded when opened and I'm about to lok into some alarms with smartphone apps.

OP
OP
B

BigBlackTrain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have shock sensor adjusted and they didn't open the doors? Alarm should have sounded when opened and I'm about to lok into some alarms with smartphone apps.

From my reading the Viper with smart start module is best bang for the buck. I am open to suggestions, as I am tired of my shit getting stolen. I should be able to enjoy what I have worked so hard to earn. Any input on aftermarket alarms with ALL the bells and whistles(loud) would be appriciated.

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont wanna keep being the debbie downer... but as a police officer for 11 years ive taken reports for numerous vehicles broken into and stolen with top of the line alarms.... ive responded to located stolen vehicles as far as new york (im in pa).... if they want it... there is some one tgere good enough to take it.....

TapaTalk ROCKS!!!!

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel that way also, just make sure ins is paid. Theft deterrent will slow down armatures but if a pro want it and it's a sitting duck, she just got gotten. I just try to park in areas where she is in the wide open like back of lots or right up front if I get a good spot. But Viper has alarm that has app for smartphone and will alert you when alarm is set off, and can remote start it. It's kind of pricey but depends how hard you sleep, lol. I'm a lite sleeper thanks to the US Army, lol.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I enjoy my Viper 5901. If the alarm goes off it sends a signal to your FOB so you know when something happens. I wouldn't exclusively suggest Viper, but I would invest in a two way remote system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindahene