Escalade side mirrors on a Tahoe LTZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hattie2879

Reaction score

And it should be simple enough to just plug & play? Again, I'm not a super technical person...Lol

I'll do some searching to see what I can find.

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it should be simple enough to just plug & play? Again, I'm not a super technical person...Lol

I'll do some searching to see what I can find.

Yes, plug and play. Page 3 of this thread gives a little bit more detail about which mirrors this guy bought. Since you aren't trying to add video cameras on the mirrors, you don't need the harnesses.

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my LTZ didn't have heated mirrors (i dont think) and was basically just electric fold, blinker, proximity warning and electric adjustment. I bought the escalade mirrors that had video also but just didn't plug the cameras in (since the LTZ harness doesn't have the plug). Everything else worked no problem. So basically you should be able to use (or not use) whatever functions your truck already has regardless with the Escalade mirror.

Honestly it took 10 min on the second door. Still the best upgrade ive done.

I will say the first two i bought had replaced glass so the proximity warning didnt work so just make sure you look any you are interested in over well.

Hattie2879

Reaction score
Yeah my LTZ didn't have heated mirrors (i dont think) and was basically just electric fold, blinker, proximity warning and electric adjustment. I bought the escalade mirrors that had video also but just didn't plug the cameras in (since the LTZ harness doesn't have the plug). Everything else worked no problem. So basically you should be able to use (or not use) whatever functions your truck already has regardless with the Escalade mirror.

Honestly it took 10 min on the second door. Still the best upgrade ive done.

I will say the first two i bought had replaced glass so the proximity warning didnt work so just make sure you look any you are interested in over well.

So this may be a dumb question, but since my Tahoe is a 2017, I'm assuming I should look for 2017 Escalade mirrors...right? o_O

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this may be a dumb question, but since my Tahoe is a 2017, I'm assuming I should look for 2017 Escalade mirrors...right? o_O

I checked the mirror connectors for the 2015-2017 Tahoe and Escalade on the GMSi site and the pin outs are the same. So in theory you should be able to source one from 2015-2017.

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the mirror connectors for the 2015-2017 Tahoe and Escalade on the GMSi site and the pin outs are the same. So in theory you should be able to source one from 2015-2017.

Yeah just did it for my girlfriend on her 2017 Yukon SLT and honestly didn't even think about year. Just bought a pair off eBay and some door panel clips and plugged em in and went. Only needed one clip this time.

My parents are wanting to do it on their Silverado and the mirror caps do look a little different between the Silverado and Tahoe but i was just assuming it would be the same wiring. Might have a look before buying another set of mirrors for them.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah just did it for my girlfriend on her 2017 Yukon SLT and honestly didn't even think about year. Just bought a pair off eBay and some door panel clips and plugged em in and went. Only needed one clip this time.

My parents are wanting to do it on their Silverado and the mirror caps do look a little different between the Silverado and Tahoe but i was just assuming it would be the same wiring. Might have a look before buying another set of mirrors for them.

I can check the pin outs, but the sail piece is different between the SUVs and trucks. The suv windshield has a sharper angle (i.e. more swept back look). Also, the plastic locator pin on the back of the sail piece is in a different location.

They could look at tow mirrors and door harnesses from phamboa @ GM-trucks.com to make them work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alfred091

Latest posts