everyone keeps recommending optima yellow tops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scarter

Reaction score
but when you go to their website and look up a fit by make and model of vehicle they don't even have a fit for a chevy tahoe:confused: what do u guys do just buy one and hope it fits? 2007 chevy tahoe here. all i need is a red top. any suggestions on which one will for sure fit mine?

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
but when you go to their website and look up a fit by make and model of vehicle they don't even have a fit for a chevy tahoe:confused: what do u guys do just buy one and hope it fits? 2007 chevy tahoe here. all i need is a red top. any suggestions on which one will for sure fit mine?

Uuuumm.....as far as I know they are about the same size just for different things. I don't think it will be an issue. My red top was much smaller than the old battery and I think most Optima batteries are a bit smaller.

Punisher66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why is it that these are so important? They are like $200 bucks. Is my stock battery that bad? Will it leave me stranded on a cold day here in the NE, or is it just cool to say you have a Red Top battery?

TREYR8D

Reaction score
I went through 3 different batteries because of hard cold starting in college (Jeep would sit consistently for a week or more between starts). Fortunately they were all within some sort of warranty. After i got the red top, i've never had problems again. I put one in our tahoe. I believe it was the 35 model. fits in the tray and the clamp will catch the bottom lip for securing. it is a bit smaller, but having top poles is really all you need.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My stock ones left me late for school many times. No one buys them for the name. The model needed is D35.

mike06train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about other good batteries? You can get a gel interstate for less then an optima and they have never let me down. I used optimas on some worked cars i've had but the prices seems high for a stock car or truck.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
True, it's not like Optima is the only good battery brand. It is just very highly rated (at least here) and they are very worth it in my opinion. I never have to worry about running my battery down no matter what I'm doing with the engine off.

Punisher66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically just get rid of the stock battery and get something decent. Doesn't have to be Optima

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
resmith3