exhaust magnaflows or???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richi5280

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace my stock muffler on my 01 yukon. Really want a clean deep tone. Nothing to raspy. Im thinking magnaflow. What do you guys suggest? Any ideas and price ranges would help thanks. Or prices on full exhaust.

DaUsedMCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the Magnaflow 15666 kit. I liked it, and then i liked it a lot when i got headers. here is a vid that i used to look at while pining over the kit lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7A6308Q6Io

flowmaster have a really nasty sound, so dont go with them (sorry flowmaster ppl), and borla and corsa are good sounding, but are waaaay expensive. the magnaflow was $400 shipped to me, and it sounds just as good.

To save more, try going to an exhaust shop near you. i went to one to get the magnaflow kit welded up, and they said they do catback kits for $200 with any muffler and tip. i wish i had done a custom exhaust. one day when i have some extra cash, i will.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced just my muffler with a Magnaflow and it was about 100 shipped off Amazon. Sounds perfect as there's decent rumble but very little noise at cruising speeds. I LOVE flowmasters but went with Magnaflow on the Burb cuz I didn't want drone in the family ride and the wife's dd. :)

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to go with the magnaflow 11249, had the shop order it for me after hearing it on a members nnbs. Went to have it put on last friday and the shop said they could still do it but pointed out that they would have to make some changes. The 11249 is a single in/single out Muffler. My 01 yuk has a single in/dual out.

I called magnaflow for some ideas and was told to go with the 12588 as it would give me the nice rumble at start up and when I get on it but no drone at cruising. I had the shop order that one as it is a single in/dual out. I hope to get it installed Saturday. Muffler, tip, with stock pipping for $200.I youtubed it and found a clip of an 01 yuk 5.3 which is what I have and was sold.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Richi5280

Richi5280

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i agree flows are too raspy for me. when i have time i will be heading to some local shops to see what i can find thanks. and the magnaflows sound so clean on your tahoe just what im looking for.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Magnaflows are the next best bet if you don't want to throw down the $$$ for a Corsa. We sell all exhaust brands, feel free to hit us up for a price quote.

Here is a clip of my 04 Tahoe with the Magnaflow Catback:

[yt]SjYPH74eaJk[/yt]

OP
OP
Richi5280

Richi5280

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflows are the next best bet if you don't want to throw down the $$$ for a Corsa. We sell all exhaust brands, feel free to hit us up for a price quote.

Here is a clip of my 04 Tahoe with the Magnaflow Catback:
[yt]SjYPH74eaJk[/yt]

That sounds good on your tahoe just what im looking for. How much for this cat back set up?

houstone003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
borla xr1 ftw! you can get brand new magna flows for 60$ on ebay i got my 2 flowmasters from ebay 120$ brand new in the box now i regret it and wish i went magna flow but the borla xr1 is much better runs about 150$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy