Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw the Idaho posting. Their price slight above invoice price calculated out to approx. $4k under MSRP

Not sure what it costs to ship a car cross country, but I can’t imagine it’s cheap for me in NY. Plus, god forbid there are any issues with the vehicle during transit how am I going to work with a dealer in Idaho???

Seems like way to much work and if you have issues it seems like it’ll be full of headaches for most people. If I can spend $70k on a car, do I really need to make my life complicated to save a few thousand bucks?
... but you've already made your life complicated by living in NY. :laughing1:

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m one of the people with an order in at the Idaho dealer…

Pricing worked out to ~$3K under MSRP on a Yukon XL SLE Duramax. It works for me because it’s a bit over a 5 hour drive, we’re not in a crazy hurry and of all the dealers I talked with they seemed the most competent, honest and friendly.

We’ll see how it works out for us…

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I’m one of the people with an order in at the Idaho dealer…

Pricing worked out to ~$3K under MSRP on a Yukon XL SLE Duramax. It works for me because it’s a bit over a 5 hour drive, we’re not in a crazy hurry and of all the dealers I talked with they seemed the most competent, honest and friendly.

We’ll see how it works out for us…

Good luck! 5 hours ain’t that terrible. Fee bad for the person who doesn’t get to drive the Yukon back though!!!

And hopefully you can get the retrofit features at any local dealer. Having to go back and forth would suck

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Born and raised.

And what I do for a living, relocating would require me to go to cities that are also expensive
I know. My guess is with Houston, Chicago, etc. being potential options but smaller markets. I grew up in the NY/NJ area.

Fortunately, my employer has started the push to relocate our major offices outside of downtown areas to the outer limits of the counties that the cities are located in and it's usually a 15-45 minute drive to the downtown areas. A lot of my coworkers end up living 1-1.5 hours outside of the downtown areas.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck! 5 hours ain’t that terrible. Fee bad for the person who doesn’t get to drive the Yukon back though!!!

And hopefully you can get the retrofit features at any local dealer. Having to go back and forth would suck
We have family and friends in northern Idaho, so we'll likely turn it into a vacation. Drive out there in our Honda Pilot and either caravan back and sell the Pilot when we get home or possibly sell it while we're there. Another great part of the Idaho dealer is they never once asked about my trade-in. Other dealers ask me that within the first 30 seconds of talking with them. I had one that was like "Well, it sounds like you have a good trade - I think we could do MSRP on a new Suburban for you - I'd still need to check with my manager." Ummm no - I'm not working a deal with you based on my trade-in. I haven't bought a lot of cars in my life, but I know how dealers try to make the trade and new car a package deal and screw you on one end or the other.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It'll be available on the regular 2022 Wagoneer this spring and join the 2023 Wagoneer L lineup when it goes on sale in the second half of this year. The 2023 Grand Wagoneer will also hit showrooms at that time, but Jeep hasn't yet announced pricing for either of the new long-wheelbase models.

Looks like the Yukon XL and Suburban will have another competitor in the market space sooner than expected. The Wagoneer L and Grand Wagoneer L will hit the market right around the time the Sequoia does.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have family and friends in northern Idaho, so we'll likely turn it into a vacation. Drive out there in our Honda Pilot and either caravan back and sell the Pilot when we get home or possibly sell it while we're there. Another great part of the Idaho dealer is they never once asked about my trade-in. Other dealers ask me that within the first 30 seconds of talking with them. I had one that was like "Well, it sounds like you have a good trade - I think we could do MSRP on a new Suburban for you - I'd still need to check with my manager." Ummm no - I'm not working a deal with you based on my trade-in. I haven't bought a lot of cars in my life, but I know how dealers try to make the trade and new car a package deal and screw you on one end or the other.
Last summer I talked to a dealer about trading in a '19 Yukon XL to buy a '21 XL and after the salesman had a discussion with his manager they told me it would be hard to sell at current times, and I was offered $1000 more than what I owed. I sold it privately in 2 days to a dealer who came up from Ohio and made $7500.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Yukon XL and Suburban will have another competitor in the market space sooner than expected. The Wagoneer L and Grand Wagoneer L will hit the market right around the time the Sequoia does.
I've seen one of these in camo driving around my area lately.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen one of these in camo driving around my area lately.
They are going to hit showroom floors way earlier than I had expected. I thought it was going to be 2024 but it seems like it's going to be the second half of this year.

The introduction of the Sequoia and long wheel base Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneers will add to the supply in this segment.

Not only do the elongated Wagoneers have more space in the back for storing stuff, but they also come standard with Stellantis' new twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six. Dubbed the Hurricane, the 2023 Jeep Wagoneer L and Grand Wagoneer L mark the debut of this engine, and it's included as part of the standard powertrain. The Hurricane engine pairs exclusively with an eight-speed automatic transmission and rear-, all-, or four-wheel drive, but output varies between the Wagoneer L and Grand Wagoneer L. The former model has the standard-output (S.O.) version that makes 420 horsepower and 468 pound-feet of torque, while the latter has the high-output (H.O.) version with 510 horses and 500 pound-feet of torque. As with the standard wheelbase, the stretched model can tow up to 10,000 pounds.

Also, the extended length Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneers will have 4 additional gallons of capacity for fuel. The current versions have 26.5 gallons so 30.5 gallons will be class leading.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunRae48