Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a Grand Wagoneer on a lot for $111,000. For that money I'd rather have an Escalade with the diesel, the 6.4L in the Jeep gets terrible gas mileage.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I saw a Grand Wagoneer on a lot for $111,000. For that money I'd rather have an Escalade with the diesel, the 6.4L in the Jeep gets terrible gas mileage.
Escalades are going for $25k over MSRP by me....and thats if you can find one

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
At that price, it seems like it's worth traveling to find one at MSRP unless someone makes over $10mil/year and $25,000 per day.

I hate car dealers/salesmen for the most part, because part of their job is to get you in the door no matter what it takes. Once you’re there they won half of their battle.

Couldn’t imagine going out of state to a dealer looking for ABC and they don’t have it but offer me XYZ. Or the price they quoted over the phone no longer applies. And now they know you traveled far to get there….so the odds you walk out the door are less in their brain

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate car dealers/salesmen for the most part, because part of their job is to get you in the door no matter what it takes. Once you’re there they won half of their battle.

Couldn’t imagine going out of state to a dealer looking for ABC and they don’t have it but offer me XYZ. Or the price they quoted over the phone no longer applies. And now they know you traveled far to get there….so the odds you walk out the door are less in their brain
I agree. But that's why I would only consider ordering out of state (by out of state, I mean it requires a plane ride) from a reputable forum dealer.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess everybody has a value on their time…

there are multiple brands right now where the majority of dealers are charging sticker or more…yet there are also dealers selling for $6,7,8 10k less than sticker…yes you’d have to seek them out and most will require some coordination/additional leg work on the buyers end. Then again if a buyer isn’t aware that there are better deals to be had….then they are probably as happy as can be in their bubble

have several local Ram dealers selling at sticker and can’t keep trucks on their lot…

ordered from a “forum“ dealer and bought a truck almost $12k under MSRP. Required a 6hr round trip and about 10 emails on my part

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Guess everybody has a value on their time…

there are multiple brands right now where the majority of dealers are charging sticker or more…yet there are also dealers selling for $6,7,8 10k less than sticker…yes you’d have to seek them out and most will require some coordination/additional leg work on the buyers end. Then again if a buyer isn’t aware that there are better deals to be had….then they are probably as happy as can be in their bubble

have several local Ram dealers selling at sticker and can’t keep trucks on their lot…

ordered from a “forum“ dealer and bought a truck almost $12k under MSRP. Required a 6hr round trip and about 10 emails on my part
I mean....if i can get $12k under MSRP for the car that I really want right now.....100% sign me up it doesn't matter where I have to go.

But I haven't read about a single person on here buy a Tahoe or Yukon under MSRP. I've seen a handful of people say they've bought a used one over MSRP.

Is waiting 1-2 years worth saving $1,2,3 or 4k under MSRP? Not to me. Do i think I can get one under $5k or more MSRP next year.... I don't think so. The fact there are people paying almost $10k over MSRP for these specific cars USED means dealers are not going to budge like they have in the past. When times are tough for people, they're generally not tough for people who can afford a $60, $70 or $80k car.

I'll eat my words if these cars go for under $10k MSRP next year, but I don't see it happening. Recession, rising gas prices etc....I don't see it changing.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you think Tahoe's are bad, they are selling Kia Tellurides for +15K and that's on a 45K vehicle !

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
If you think Tahoe's are bad, they are selling Kia Tellurides for +15K and that's on a 45K vehicle !
My buddy has ben in the market for a lease...he's not going full size SUV but mid sized. He has told me every price he's gotten from VW, Dodge, Acura, Volvo, you name it.....most dealers are easily going over $10k MSRP.....$45k-$50k MSRP cars hes being quoted almost $800-900 a month for 7500 miles...and that's with $3-5k down (what his trade-in is roughly worth)

I don't know where these hidden gems are located....but certainly not where I live

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut