Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For us the difference was the Center Console. I told the Jeep Salesman that when a woman gets in a car the first thing she looks for is a place to put her purse. Both the Wagoneer and Expedition have tall center consoles. Yes there is storage but it is like a dark hole. Our Yukon has the sliding Center Console which opens up a nice low space to put stuff down but you can still get at it. I thought it was kind of a gimmick when I first saw it but it turns out to be one of the features that we like the best.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You come to a forum dedicated towards Tahoes and Yukons and are talking up competitors brands…it’s weird

And you call yourself a “customer” but you admittedly refused to become a customer because of this market lol and said you’re willing to wait 5 years. Weird as well

So what are you implying?

1. You shouldn't compare alternatives on a forum dedicated to a specific product line.

2. You can't be critical of the aforementioned product line.

3. If you're comparing alternatives for a future purchase whether it be 6 months or three years down the road, you're not an actual "customer" - heck maybe you're not even a "potential" customer.

Last edited:

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For us the difference was the Center Console. I told the Jeep Salesman that when a woman gets in a car the first thing she looks for is a place to put her purse. Both the Wagoneer and Expedition have tall center consoles. Yes there is storage but it is like a dark hole. Our Yukon has the sliding Center Console which opens up a nice low space to put stuff down but you can still get at it. I thought it was kind of a gimmick when I first saw it but it turns out to be one of the features that we like the best.
I did like the sliding center console. I wish it was compatible with a console vault as well so my other half could put her purse in that space and I have the option of securing my handgun when it's not convenient to carry (ie. going to the gym). The other option I have to look at is the space and tether points underneath the front passenger side seat. The worst option is having to exit the vehicle and store a weapon in a secure container in the back of the vehicle potentially in full view of the public.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did like the sliding center console. I wish it was compatible with a console vault as well so my other half could put her purse in that space and I have the option of securing my handgun when it's not convenient to carry (ie. going to the gym). The other option I have to look at is the space and tether points underneath the front passenger side seat. The worst option is having to exit the vehicle and store a weapon in a secure container in the back of the vehicle potentially in full view of the public.

Detroit engineering at it's finest
But wait... until you see this:

diag_af35.jpg

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do we need to change the title of this thread to include Wagoner? :rolleyes:
I was thinking this thread title should be changed to the polo vs firsttimetahoe ******* match thread but it's kind of toned down a little...maybe you guys should start another thread where you can argue with each other in a dedicated place instead of doing it in every other thread that pops up?

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking this thread title should be changed to the polo vs firsttimetahoe ******* match thread but it's kind of toned down a little...maybe you guys should start another thread where you can argue with each other in a dedicated place instead of doing it in every other thread that pops up?
There's always a "first time" for everything.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCW fits nice in the drawer under the center console and then slide it forward and turn off the car. Save having a crow bar, your CCW is locked away…

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCW fits nice in the drawer under the center console and then slide it forward and turn off the car. Save having a crow bar, your CCW is locked away…
Thats one of its best features. Any thing you put in that drawer is secure, period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Z714X4

Latest posts