Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Takes me 60-90 minutes just to go 30 miles on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway. Even weekends. The Gowanus is not much better.
I'm glad I was able to leave that area. Unless someone more than a mere mortal, there's a huge advantage to taking that DC, NY, LA, SF, etc. salary to a much lower cost of living area. Geographic arbitrage.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
MSRP means nothing to the retail customer. That's why it stands for Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. Market selling price is what matters - what are you getting for the money you are spending.

MSRP means everything to the retail customer. You literally have no clue what you’re even talking about laugh out loud.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I'm glad I was able to leave that area. Unless someone more than a mere mortal, there's a huge advantage to taking that DC, NY, LA, SF, etc. salary to a much lower cost of living area. Geographic arbitrage.

You must live in candy land because nearly every big company pays you less when you move out of a big city…

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're getting emotional and not thinking about what you're saying before typing and hitting post. You're using terms like "never", "no brainer", etc. without having data other than the closest dealership to you and one or two cherry picked articles. Just relax - it's the internet. There's really no need to get worked up.

MSRP means nothing to the retail customer. That's why it stands for Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. Market selling price is what matters - what are you getting for the money you are spending.

But more importantly, when you say, "... they're already losing", who are you referring to? The manufacturer? The dealer? The retail customer?

How much a manufacturer/dealer profits over a per unit sale is less than tertiary priority for me as a retail customer. I simply don't care. I care about getting the best value for what I need. With that being said, maybe the following individual might care instead of the retail customer:

1. Employee of manufacturer
2. Owner or employee of dealership
3. Fanboi

MSRP means everything to the retail customer. You literally have no clue what you’re even talking about laugh out loud.
What does it mean? It's simply a suggestion - hence Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. Not mandated, not enforced, not gospel - simply a suggestion.

That's why you see everything from 6% under invoice pricing for a Stellantis product, 3% under invoice for Ford productions to obnoxious dealer markups for whatever brand out there. The range could be huge so what does MSRP really matter. It simply doesn't as much as you think - which is "everything" - and it didn't before the pandemic when GM, Ford, FCA had vehicles that were selling $10+k below MSRP.

Clearly it doesn't mean "everything".

1650338309229.png

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You must live in candy land because nearly every big company pays you less when you move out of a big city…
You would think, right? But even if that were true, for the vast majority of skill workers, the locality premium for a city almost never makes up for the true cost of living. Hence, that's why there's been an outflow of population from a city like NYC and a huge growth in population in lower cost metro areas. Private sector is generally hard to compare because there are a lot more variables.

But take the federal government and federal employees for example. There's an absolute cap on how much they can earn from a career civilian job and that absolute cap is applied to all regardless of locality. The federal pay tables don't take into account how someone could reach that cap from premium pay, availability pay, etc. But someone in York, PA or Huntsville, AL and NYC would have the same pay cap. Hence why major cities tend to be the least preferred assignments.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
What does it mean? It's simply a suggestion - hence Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. Not mandated, not enforced, not gospel - simply a suggestion.

That's why you see everything from 6% under invoice pricing for a Stellantis product, 3% under invoice for Ford productions to obnoxious dealer markups for whatever brand out there. The range could be huge so what does MSRP really matter. It simply doesn't as much as you think - which is "everything" - and it didn't before the pandemic when GM, Ford, FCA had vehicles that were selling $10+k below MSRP.

View attachment 368360

That's why you see everything from 6% under invoice pricing for a Stellantis product, 3% under invoice for Ford productions to obnoxious dealer markups for whatever brand out there.

The Jeep Wrangler and Ford Maverick & Ford Bronco have on
average some of the highest markups across the country for any vehicle lol

Last edited:

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 368360

The Jeep Wrangler and Ford Maverick & Ford Bronco have on
average some of the highest markups across the country for any vehicle lol

No doubt, like I said, the top end of that spectrum includes markups for whatever brand out there. I don't see the purpose of any of those vehicles. Maybe a quick flip if you can get one.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Another review of the Wagoneer L. I like this reviewers explanation of how the space can be utilized and I think she has one of the better focuses for families with small kids. Her critique of the Wagoneer L is fair and we've heard some of the parts people are critical of.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw on another forum where a Ford dealer was charging an $11,000 mark up on a Bronco that normally sells for $38,000.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I saw on another forum where a Ford dealer was charging an $11,000 mark up on a Bronco that normally sells for $38,000.
Yep.

In the real world, Dealers markup cars that are in high demand. You're lucky to pay sticker.

They only discount cars that are grossly overpriced. Like the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter52g

Latest posts