Few stupid questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macoyle

Reaction score
Hey guys I just picked up my 05 Denali with only 24k miles and have a few questions for y'all

My dome lights won't work and I'm not sure why. The switch works because the drivers door light comes on and when I open the door the lights on the side mirrors comes on as well. Bulbs aren't burnt lol, fuses are fine so I'm not sure what's up with that. I at first thought it was the alarm that's installed so I took it to cartoys and they said it wasn't the alarm. I also just unplugged the dome wire to the alarm and that didn't do anything either. So I put the dash back together and figured y'all may know

I'm currently working on my hid reverse lights so if a write up is wanted I can make one, let me know if there's any interest

I also noticed the drl sensor sucks lol, my lights are on half the time during the middle of the day. I saw a post on putting a resistor to it to make the drl on all the time instead of switching to lights. Is there any other way of doing this? Or a way to adjust the sensitivity.

Thanks guys

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Welcome.
Try the dome over ride switch by the headlight switch for the first issue.

OP
OP
M

Macoyle

Reaction score
Yea I've tried that and the dome light where you turn the wheel to the top and that didn't work either. There must be a short somewhere, I was afraid of that.

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Wow, only 24K miles? And I thought I did pretty good with my 82K mile 05 early this year. Congrats!

Sorry I can't help you out, it sounds like the overrirde switch by the headlight switch wasn't the problem? Although maybe the switch itself could be bad.

Good luck, some of the gremlins we find in our vehicles are quite frustrating.

OP
OP
M

Macoyle

Reaction score
Sometime this week ill go chase it down, it's probably something stupid like the switch, bad ground, etc

A far as the mileage yea I'm stoked about it lol, the least amount of miles any vehicle I've owned was 74000 so this will be new lol. My credit union gave me a 5yr 100k warranty for 1300 so that's new as well. I've never been able to take y truck somewhere to get fixed

OP
OP
M

Macoyle

Reaction score
Ok I'm wondering if these things can be turned off somewhere, this isn't making sense. No porter at any of the dome lights, also the reverse lights fuse is good, bulbs are good, but no power going to the back.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
M

Macoyle

Reaction score
Nope no juice on the done lights or reverse lights at the light, switch works. I emailed the previous owner to see if he knows what's up since it seems intentional. Well see what he says. I have a warranty that covers electrical but I just got it so I don't wanna take it to gm right off the bt since they may say its the alarm that did it then I'm responsible for the bill.

Does anyone know if you can turn these off with the bcm? With some sort of a tuner type computer?

ltdan

Reaction score
Did you check all fuses in both panels, inside and under the hood? Also might want to check and make sure that they didn't remove one if maybe they needed to replace a fuse and didn't have one so just grabbed one from something they could live without.
Might also want to check and see if there's power at the fuse.

OP
OP
M

Macoyle

Reaction score
Yea I figured out the issue sorry for not updating, it was a strange fuse that wasn't specifically for the dome or reverse lights, I just pulled each one out to check them and there it was

I also did the auto headlight mod, but removed it since it also takes away the perimeter lights at night so maybe I just need a new sensor on the dash because 90% of the time the lights are on

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968