Figured it out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yatch07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had that problem the resistor would get really hot if i turn on the high beams i might try
using the wire method hey jdub5256 have you had any issues that way?

jdub5256

J-DUB
Reaction score
i had that problem the resistor would get really hot if i turn on the high beams i might try
using the wire method hey jdub5256 have you had any issues that way?

not at all. in fact i just got back from my friends house and i had the high beams on for almost an hour, when i pulled in the drive way i popped the hood and checked the wire with the highbeams still on and it was not hot at all.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Straight wire Mr.B?
That means your fogs will turn on your headlights just by turning on the fogs only.
My diode is still perfectly fine, maybe because I run low power LEDs in the fogs?

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if the LEDs is the difference. I don't ever run with just the parking and fog lights on, so this will work just fine for me.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the straight wire last night. Now, the fogs come on with the headlights on low, but when I switch to high beams, the fogs turn off. With the diode the fogs stayed on for both high and low beams. Anybody else have this? Seems strange.

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if the LEDs is the difference. I don't ever run with just the parking and fog lights on, so this will work just fine for me.

My diode just popped, now they don't turn on with the headlights, about to put HIDs in my fogs, I need to run a straight wire that's well insulated

Last edited: