Fluids please. Need to know what to get.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Theboomski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2020 Yukon XL Denali 4WD 10 speed 6.2L

Looking at doing all my fluids since we just purchased the car 95k miles

This is my list so far
Transmission -12 qt dexron ulv.

6.2 has the larger 12 bolt rear dif - get 3 qt of 75w85 without limited slip additives - AC Delco, and a gasket just in case yours is shot.

Front will need 2 qt 75-90 - any brand and additives dont matter (OEM is what I used).

Transfer case, buy 2 qt dexron VI.

Also going to do spark plugs, cabin and air filter, and pcv valve.

Does this sound good?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is my list so far

6.2 has the larger 12 bolt rear dif - get 3 qt of 75w85 without limited slip additives - AC Delco, and a gasket just in case yours is shot.

Front will need 2 qt 75-90 - any brand and additives dont matter (OEM is what I used).

Does this sound good?
PCV Valve? Ain't that next to the fuel filter?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem like it from a YouTube video real quick, but I could be wrong.

What are your thoughts on it by the fuel filter? Also is it a part you would replace if it’s easily accessible
It was meant as a joke but the joke is on me! I didn't know that a physical PCV valve was used on your engine. They still don't have fuel filters though.

Pushrodisbetter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

This is my list so far

Does this sound good?
That sounds great. I did all this plus wires at 100k on my 6.2 10L80. I used Amsoil 75w-90 in both the front and rear diffs. I didn’t do the PCV.

OP
OP
T

Theboomski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They did say all the fluid will cost $300 for

Transmission
Front differential
Rear differential
Transfer case

I’ll look around and see what I can find them for

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I spoke with GMC, they said it’s part of the valve cover. Spoke to a service tech, so I won’t be changing that.
I just did a PCV valve on a 2018 Suburban 5.3 engine. It was a thread in just below the throttle body at front of engine and to the left a little under there. Pretty easy to access and if has never been done it needs it. I looked and part number is the same for the 5.3 and the 6.2 engines. Looks like this:

It has the push tab release on the hose that attaches at the PCV.

It will take a deep 21mm or 22mm socket to remove and replace. As I said, I did a 5.3 on a 2018 Suburban. The 6.2 may be different but I doubt it. There is a PCV valve and does need service.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a PCV valve on a 2018 Suburban 5.3 engine. It was a thread in just below the throttle body at front of engine and to the left a little under there. Pretty easy to access and if has never been done it needs it. I looked and part number is the same for the 5.3 and the 6.2 engines. Looks like this:

It has the push tab release on the hose that attaches at the PCV.

It will take a deep 21mm or 22mm socket to remove and replace. As I said, I did a 5.3 on a 2018 Suburban. The 6.2 may be different but I doubt it. There is a PCV valve and does need service.
Thank you. I'll get one ordered. I'm at 84k so it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and do it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyBosnian