Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
not bad at all. I would just hit it with a converter and then some black paint. if you want to do POR I would highly recommend actually taking everything off. it is not cheap and you would want to the full effect

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on the HD hood to get back from the painters...sigh...

So I washed her up today, hit the frame with some Simple Green and gave the engine bay another good cleaning with Simple Green and a tooth brush. I really hit the nooks and crannies of the valve covers since I missed a lot of gunk considering the last time I attacked the bay it was at night. Looks a whole lot cleaner. I finished it off and then hit it with 303 for some shine.

There is some oxidation on the alternator and random rusty bolts, but overall she is looking good under the currently non-existent hood. I put the truck cover back on and called it a day.

IMG_6360.JPG IMG_6362.JPG IMG_6361.JPG IMG_6363.JPG

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Still waiting on the HD hood to get back from the painters...sigh...

So I washed her up today, hit the frame with some Simple Green and gave the engine bay another good cleaning with Simple Green and a tooth brush. I really hit the nooks and crannies of the valve covers since I missed a lot of gunk considering the last time I attacked the bay it was at night. Looks a whole lot cleaner. I finished it off and then hit it with 303 for some shine.

There is some oxidation on the alternator and random rusty bolts, but overall she is looking good under the currently non-existent hood. I put the truck cover back on and called it a day.

View attachment 58654 View attachment 58655 View attachment 58656 View attachment 58657

wait what did I miss? thought the hood was on?

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha...it's all good. The hood went back to the painters 2 weeks ago, so the truck has just been sitting in the carport with a blanket over the engine bay. As of tonight she is back under her truck cover until the hood returns sometime this coming week.

There was a reaction about 1 week after I got it the first time. Not sure what the issue was, but I took it off and gave it back to them and ordered up some more paint. They blocked it back, primed it again and were due to shoot it this past week. That topcoat is going to be sweet!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first time was the rat rod look when I picked it up from the junk yard, like in my avatar to the left. They took it back to bare metal, primed and faired it for top coat and clear coat. One quart underneath and one quart on top.

We are thinking maybe it did not have enough time to off gas/breathe/cure. No worries. No labor cost this second shoot. Just some more paint $$ unfortunately, but at least it will have quite a few coats of paint and clear to really shine.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
got ya, hope you get it back soon! I know that has to be killing you with her just sitting in the garage.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
img_6225-jpg.58350

Super clean without the hitch....if you don't tow then leave it off IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daddsyukon