Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Just skimmed over all 31 pages in one night.
When I got my tahoe in july I had a vision in my head and it was exactly how yours turned out to be in every way but the wheels.
Very clean and sexy ride but now I have to come up with new ideas so I can be different. Thanks a lot jerk!!! Lol
but its ok, I got a few tricks up my sleeve. But theres lots to learn here with great ideas and a excellent write up with tons of detailed info. Very inspirational.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking build so far. Following for future updates. Keep up the good work. Even tho this is a diff model than mine iv always been a fan of this body style as well. Tahoes are the only Chevy I ever said I would own.

Just skimmed over all 31 pages in one night.
When I got my tahoe in july I had a vision in my head and it was exactly how yours turned out to be in every way but the wheels. Very clean and sexy ride but now I have to come up with new ideas so I can be different. Thanks a lot jerk!!! Lol but its ok, I got a few tricks up my sleeve. But theres lots to learn here with great ideas and a excellent write up with tons of detailed info. Very inspirational.

Thanks guys. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." So many great ideas on the TYF. I borrowed a lot from other guys to get the look. And asked a lot of questions.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The second round of paint for the HD Hood has finally been completed. I picked it up yesterday after 3 weeks of waiting for paint to arrive, prep time and extra off gassing time. We let it sit and breathe in a dark corner of their shop for a week. Hopefully no reaction this time.

I had them spray the hinges in the booth as well to get them super glossy with clear coat. Might as well have them match the perfection of the hood this time.

As well, I decided to put a gasket between the hinges and the hood as they meet metal to metal upon installation once you screw them together with the 3 bolts on each side.

I used the Pasco 9062 2" x 50 ft 20mil Adhesive Pipe Wrap Tape. We use this stuff on the boats all the time to isolate metal parts that would otherwise not have a gasket to help prevent corrosion or vibration issues. I had some left over from projects this fall, so a few strips, a sharp razor blade and instant gasket. Love this stuff.

This where I ordered it from previously. Good prices and quick shipping.
http://www.toolup.com/Pasco-9062-2-x-50-ft-20mil-Pipe-Wrap-Tape

Fits nice and tight now that the hood is mounted. Here's a few pics.

IMG_6588.JPG
IMG_6601.JPG
IMG_6611.JPG

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
img_6601-jpg.59009

:boobs:

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
man I cant get enough of this thing :happy107:

good idea on the pipe wrap. what is the texture like on it? we used 5mil adhesive backed felt at the body shop on the nice rides. it worked very good but didn't hold up very good if u removed the hood again :(

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man I cant get enough of this thing :happy107:

good idea on the pipe wrap. what is the texture like on it? we used 5mil adhesive backed felt at the body shop on the nice rides. it worked very good but didn't hold up very good if u removed the hood again :(

Thx man.

This pipe wrap is vinyl with adhesive back. Super sticky. It stretches when you pull it off the roll, but goes back to shape. As said, we use it all the time on the boats to gasket metal parts. The adhesive makes it a no brainer to easily apply to the parts without having to use additional adhesives.

A new razor blade works best for trimming and I used an Exacto knife for the bolt holes. Here's a link directly to their site. Pretty much impervious to anything normal. Different widths and mils.

http://www.pascospecialty.com/catalog/PASCO_CATALOG_E.pdf

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yes ******* indeed, big fat juicy *******. So fine!!!
Only missing one thing....

And did i miss the antenna delete part? Or was there one ?

Last edited:

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Such a sexy *****. i think it's mostly the palm trees in the back and the warm looking pics that make it look much better. Jk just jelly of your weather

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Palm trees always makes everything look better ^^^

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx man. Yessir.. cannot beat the weather this week or this time of year for that matter. The beaches are packed with lots of ***** white snowbirds. That was out to a new taco bar for lunch with the wife after installing the freshly painted HD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjbtn1036