Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx man. Hitch is staying off. No plans to tow with it.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
img_6225-jpg.58350

Super clean without the hitch....if you don't tow then leave it off IMO

Looks real good, Only thing I had a hard time with mine, Is that you could now see the Differential Cover and that really bugged me as to
A. I need to be lower
B. Now I need a custom
Differential Cover something like polish

I Swear I have Serious Problems, I think Im gonna remove my Wiper. now.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks real good, Only thing I had a hard time with mine, Is that you could now see the Differential Cover and that really bugged me as to
A. I need to be lower
B. Now I need a custom
Differential Cover something like polish

I Swear I have Serious Problems, I think Im gonna remove my Wiper. now.

@Travieso
Yes! Remove that wiper now. So clean without it. Yeah not sure about the differential cover. Simple Green'd quite a bit under there yesterday to paint up some of the surface rust and all areas. Not sure I will go as far as a custom cover, but maybe at least clean it up......and you know that no one other than TYF members are getting down on their knees to check your diff cover to see how rusty it is. Having said that I did wash the shocks and pan hard bar so that the silver and red are clean. Go figure.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
lol mine being lifted the diff cover drives me up the wall! it is clean and painted but you can see it. when I get around to converting to rear disk I will be swapping the diff cover as well! if you cant see yours I see no need for it

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is why I am happy being lowered. The dirty frame constantly visible would drive me crazy, but being higher than everybody is that tradeoff. So for now, she will be a pavement pounder dodging potholes and curbs.

bm0rgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in love!!!! You did a great job. I saved this. I need to do a good bit of things you did on yours. Great build thread! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in love!!!! You did a great job. I saved this. I need to do a good bit of things you did on yours. Great build thread! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for the compliments. It has been fun. I love looking back at the transformation over time.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Good looking build so far. Following for future updates. Keep up the good work. Even tho this is a diff model than mine iv always been a fan of this body style as well. Tahoes are the only Chevy I ever said I would own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmfarr21