front brake calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Judging by the pics on autozone the Limited has the std 1 piston caliper and the regular has a dual piston setup ...

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
hmm, idk well nevermind. I just bought a SSBC rear drum to disc brake kit :) i also got the foglights for my limited bumper, new door sills, NBS denali center console, and a bunch of other goodies.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Believe there was no difference in brake caliper size.

LoL did you get right size?

Where did you get it from? Because I know if you buy it direct from SSBC you get the option to upgrade to slotted rotors and caliper color choice.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
someone local, its not colored, well yet :) i might try and powder coat them bright orange lol or just black. and the rotors are shot, so ill have to buy some new ones anyways

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
haha figured you would.

Do orange...put a black SSBC logo on them.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Lucky... I hate my f'n brakes. All around front and rear. Just a couple more months and this whole truck is gonna be torn apart and replaced. Still waiting to put in my tranny... Arghhh.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

On a side note not to take your thread... But does any one know the deal on the 14 bolt SF 9.5" Brake drums? I'm picking one up soon. Are the brake drums substantially bigger? Is it gonna stop better?

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
9.5 brake drums? thats smaller then what you have now. you might have 10 inch or 11inch drums. check your rpo codes..
this is mine..
JB5- BRAKE POWER, DISC/DRUM, 6,400 LBS, 10"drums
im not sure what the 11inch drum rpo code is. and i dont think the SSBC kit i bought will fit, now im ******.. it fits tahoes with the 11inch drums, itll only fit unless i change out my rear axle. look at this website and look at the different models and shit

http://www.ssbrakes.com/commerce/detail/index.cfm?nPID=8406
http://www.ssbrakes.com/commerce/detail/index.cfm?nPID=8374

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555