Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

conservatony

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Add me to the list: 2007 Yukon 38k miles... just walked out to find a 7" crack running through the "hump" above my steering wheel.

Just bought it used a week ago. It's 70 degrees in AZ today. Absolutely no reason why this should have happened.

RBagans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another cracked dash.... Mine has 2 cracks now one at the airbag area and the other just to the right of the driver side intrument hump... GM people have not been helpful at all to me... I have over 100k miles on my 2007 Yukon... even though mileage does not have an impact on the dash they are coming up with varying excuses of why not to help...

rjnkajun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Refresh my memory ...... What year is yours and did you have an open case number with Chevrolet?

i choose to go threw GM and let them schedual my appointment so the dealership knew GM was aware and i would hope not give me a run around.. so i had a case number 1st ... then i coudlnt get ahold of my case manager so i called all teh numbers i could untill somone helped me line up the apointment and told my case manager to get back with me within 24 hrs becouse i had an apointment he had to follow up too. I brought mine in and the service guy was like let me guess another dash? so i kinda knew they would fix it right there!

and the service guys at BRYAN Chev are all awsome they really took care of me and never once tried to get over on me!

BLK07LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man I have a 07 Tahoe with 38k and I hope that I don't have this problem feel bad for anyone that has had to deal with this problem.

Vig03

Reaction score
07 Yukon Denali: GM repair denied

Just got a call from Customer Service at GM and was told that GM is unable to provide assistance with the cracked dash. They told me they were not able to determine the cause of the crack.

I told them that was a poor excuse since the cracks were in the exact same locations as other dashes they have repaired...

My Denali is an 07 with Mocha interior (Dash is brown).

tonyt013

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same crack on my 2007 Tahoe on the left side of the hump in front of the steering wheel. I also noticed the bulb covering the ambient light sensor appears to be missing. I am beginging to think some ******* got into my tahoe and removed that sensor and in doing so damaged the dash. Perhaps at the car wash???

Hope this has not happened to any of you as well.

adam p

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same 2 cracks in my 07 Tahoe. theres a long thread on another forum about everyone getting it replaced and the problems with various dealerships. That and teh black wearing off the a/c power button is bothering me.............

07Z71hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey slydoghoward I'm also in GA and have the crack in the dash. Im wanting to take it to the dealership this week

DYRTIGAF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes...I just recently noticed a crack in my dash as well. It is just above the steering wheel to the right of the coutoured hump. I was looking online and also found another post from another Tahoe owner with a picture attached showing the same exact crack as mine. Manufacturing defect ? I have taken very good care of my Tahoe so I can't believe this has happened.

Just bought mine used and is cracked at the hump above the instrument cluster but to the left hand side, also cracked on the far passenger side near the pillar. Makes me think just some cheep Chevrolet plastics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian