Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscgnazzario

Reaction score
Hey guys. I had the same cracks as everyone else. I went to 2 dealers in FL and neither would help me. I called GM directly and they wouldnt help. I brought my truck to the dealer here in NC for some other stuff and asked just out of curiosity and they said that they would cover it. My truck will be getting the dash replaced free of charge to me as soon as the part arrives. The truck is there now waiting. If anyone in the NC area would like to know the dealer I went to just shoot me a pm.

bpclark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
dallas help

If anyone else has the information about the dallas dealer that will replace the dash for free can you please post which dealership it is? I don't understand why the guy that found out decided to let a few people know and then not let anyone else know if they don't have a certain number of posts. I mean really? What a tool. Dude you're not gaining anything from withholding the information besides the title of an interweb dbag. Im ashamed I drive the same vehicle as you do.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
If anyone else has the information about the dallas dealer that will replace the dash for free can you please post which dealership it is? I don't understand why the guy that found out decided to let a few people know and then not let anyone else know if they don't have a certain number of posts. I mean really? What a tool. Dude you're not gaining anything from withholding the information besides the title of an interweb dbag. Im ashamed I drive the same vehicle as you do.

I quit PMing info to people because people were asking me everyday to give them this information...I don't mind giving this info out to people that are active on this forum, but all of you guys just join to get the info from me. Why dont you pm one of the guys I already told...oh wait because you cant pm yet and neither can they. I'm not going to post it on the web for everyone because that is my choice...I use this dealership frequently so I'm not going to ruin my relationship with them because 100 dudes show up to get there dash crack fixed for free. Maybe you could just quit being a lazy ass and start calling dealerships until you get one that will do it.

Call me a tool or interweb dbag if you want...but please if you see me out on the road tell me to pull over so I can whip your ass and show you what a true tool/interweb dbag I can be.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with ranorris2. Come on guys be more active on the forum. I just wish there was a dealer here in CA that would do it for free. I've been to 5 dealerships two of them just said NO the others said they would get back to me but haven't.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

sleeve15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 Yukon with 51000 miles and just noticed a crack on back side Speedo cluster on the dash with a 7 inch long crack. I called the dealer and they said bring it down well take care of it since you have low mileage. I think this should be some sort of recall.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
I have an 08 Yukon with 51000 miles and just noticed a crack on back side Speedo cluster on the dash with a 7 inch long crack. I called the dealer and they said bring it down well take care of it since you have low mileage. I think this should be some sort of recall.

I agree, I can't believe they have not issued a recall for this already...every dealership I spoke with about this knew about it, but most wanted to charge a price for it...ridiculous if you ask me.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they want to issue a recall.

Probably 1/2 of people just live with it and another 1/4 will pay to get it fixed cause they "assume" it's not covered. They are saving millions by not issuing a recall. It's not a safety issue so they really don't care.

My neighbor has an 08 Z71 Tahoe and he was just living with it until I told him the dealer might fix it for free. So he called CS and they ended up replacing it for free. I'm not sure if he is the original owner or not and he has 80k miles on the truck.

Another guy I know recently bought a lifted 08 Sierra SLT and I pointed out to him the crack by the airbag and he called CS and they replaced his also for free.

I guess we are getting pretty lucky down here in New Orleans with the dealers. Mine was replaced also for free and all 3 of us had them replaced at different dealerships.

07Z71hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is also cracked on driver side hump an passenger air bag. The dealership will not replace it an the GM customer person on this forum asked for my info to try to help then never got back to me. My brother has an older Z71 with high miles an nothing is wrong it with it. Kindaakes me mad that my newer tahoe has two cracks in it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320