Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was doing some searching online and I came across a thread on chevroletforum.com and there is a guy that works for Chevrolet Customer Service and he has been helping people on that forum. I sent him a PM and he just got back to me and he wanted my Name, Address, and phone number. He says he is going to start a case number. So I am going to see where that goes first. He sets up the claim and someone will contact me later.

Earlier posts people said that the dealers were fixing them and charging a $200 "deductible". Thats BS. The last guy that just got his done was only charged $50 for his and his was an 07 with only 47K miles.

So it seems like the dealers will jerk you around unless they receive authorization from GM to fix it so I am going to try this route first.

A friend of mine used to work at Sewell and he says he knows a few guys that are Service Managers at Bryan Chevy on Airline in Metairie so that will be my next attempt to get this resolved.

So I says lets hold off for now on bombarding the dealership to see how this pans out. I will keep everyone posted along the way. I figure its better to go directly to Customer Service than to deal with the dealership directly. Cause they are not going to go out on a limb to help you if there is a chance that they might not get reimbursed from GM. And I'm not paying out of pocket with the chance that I may get payed back later.

timjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really its all about the dearship like I said before they don't want to take the time to fix it for free, you have to talk to the right tech and they can tell you how you can get it fixed for free. I had mine in the shop for another issue and he told me about the dash crack. He walked me up to the front desk and told them that my dash was cracked and the dealership called me to set up an appointment with the part came in. $0.00 out of pocket.

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really its all about the dearship like I said before they don't want to take the time to fix it for free, you have to talk to the right tech and they can tell you how you can get it fixed for free. I had mine in the shop for another issue and he told me about the dash crack. He walked me up to the front desk and told them that my dash was cracked and the dealership called me to set up an appointment with the part came in. $0.00 out of pocket.

Got mine replaced for free as well...right place, right time?? i'm not sure why we are all being handled differently, if we all are having the same problem.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones that were fixed with NO out of pocket expense - were they still under factory warranty or any extended warranty?

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long ago did you have it done?

That's what pisses me off ; mine only has 33k miles on it but it has a production date of 10/06. So I guess we will see what happens.

Also does it matter if you are the original owner?

timjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine done in July 2010. It should not matter if you are the original owner. The dealership tech told me about my cracked dash when I was having some work done. Have you tried another dealership? Here is the number to my dealership if you want to talk to them and see if they can help you out (866) 561-3980.

rjnkajun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was doing some searching online and I came across a thread on chevroletforum.com and there is a guy that works for Chevrolet Customer Service and he has been helping people on that forum. I sent him a PM and he just got back to me and he wanted my Name, Address, and phone number. He says he is going to start a case number. So I am going to see where that goes first. He sets up the claim and someone will contact me later.

Earlier posts people said that the dealers were fixing them and charging a $200 "deductible". Thats BS. The last guy that just got his done was only charged $50 for his and his was an 07 with only 47K miles.

So it seems like the dealers will jerk you around unless they receive authorization from GM to fix it so I am going to try this route first.

A friend of mine used to work at Sewell and he says he knows a few guys that are Service Managers at Bryan Chevy on Airline in Metairie so that will be my next attempt to get this resolved.

So I says lets hold off for now on bombarding the dealership to see how this pans out. I will keep everyone posted along the way. I figure its better to go directly to Customer Service than to deal with the dealership directly. Cause they are not going to go out on a limb to help you if there is a chance that they might not get reimbursed from GM. And I'm not paying out of pocket with the chance that I may get payed back later.

let him know ill be going there as well! i am calling my guy back to set up my apt right now!

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When? Was it easy to get them to do it?

Had it done about a month ago, and it was about an hour total on the phone with GM and one trip to my local dealer. I've posted my experience on here...maybe page 6 or 7?

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

The ones that were fixed with NO out of pocket expense - were they still under factory warranty or any extended warranty?

I am the 2nd owner and was out of my 3yr/36k factory warranty. Mine is an 07 with 47k on it. I think the year and mileage an irrelevant. Its fairly obvious to any objective person that there are the same cracks in the same places on these cars. To me, there isn't any geographic correlation or anything to suggest it is driver neglect or abuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320