Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pimpske

Reaction score
Saw this on another forum...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotknee

I should probably share this with everyone while I'm at it.

I was told if the Customer Care gets over 5000 complaints about the same thing, they issue a "bulletin" to the dealers to just fix it. If Customer Care gets over 25,000 complaints about the same thing, they issue a "Recall" Let's get this to at least "bulletin" status.

Call 800-222-1020.![/quote]

2008TahoeLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ Dashboard Crack!

Hi:
I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ with 45,000 miles on it and I just noticed a crack on the upper left side of the passenger air bag!!

I searched online to see if others were having the same problem and found this site. Looks like many of you are having the same problem.

The only cause I can think of is that it must be a stress fracture because i always use a reflector for the windshield when I am parked outside and have always kept the dashboard protected with a spray on vinyl protector (usually Meguiars).

I am going to take it to the dealership on Monday to see what my options are. Have any of you had any luck with them replacing your dash?

Thanks and Good luck!

billy76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Spread the word!!!!

I called GM today at 1-800-222-1020, and spoke with a man named Dwight.
He is sending me to the dealership today to have them inspect the crack in the dashboard.

The other day I was sitting at a light and happened to glance over and notice another Tahoe with the same two interior issues Im having. The rubber on the steering wheel pieces near the cruise controls, and radio controls was rubbed off, and the dashboard was cracked in the identical spot that mine is. How many of us are there, is what I wondered.

Today, I was in the parking lot of a Best Buy and decided to walk over to 4 different Tahoes and Yukons that I saw in the parking lot. Sure enough, by the third Yukon I spotted the crack. In the same spot as me, and it got me thinking. Maybe I will leave a note, so that's what I did.

I left a sticky note with GM's 1-800 # on it. I also referenced this website and the facebook page. I hope they call it.

Here is my new plan though.

"SPREAD THE WORD!!!!"

If GM tells me too bad, or tries to charge me for a new dashboard I will then make it my personal mission to leave THIS flyer on every 2007+Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade I find with a cracked dashboard.

"YOUR DASHBOARD IS CRACKED!!!

To have it repaired, call GM at 1-800-222-1020.

Let them know that this should be a recall do to defective manufacturing.

Join the fight to make this issue an official GM recall.

Also check out TahoeYukonforums.com for more information, and to talk with other Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade owners just like you who demand satisfaction!!!"

I implore everyone here to copy and paste this, and print it out.

When you are out and about. Keep your eyes peeled. If you see a cracked dash on a parked car, leave a flyer. Lets see how many people we can get to call GM. I suspect at the very least the numbers are on average, 1 in 10 on the road with cracked dashboards. That's 1,000's and 1,000's of us.

I will let you guys know what GM tells me. By the way, if there is anybody that is out-of-warranty in the South Florida area who GM has helped with this issue, let me know.

Double3

Reaction score
I've had mine for 1.5 months and haven't noticed any cracks but my wife drives it more than I do.

I better inspect it when I get home.

billy76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I brought my 2007 Tahoe to the dealer yesterday for the dashboard crack inspection. I fully expect them to say they can't do anything based on the attitude of the guy in the service department, and based on the guy at GM reading company policy to me yesterday.

When I spoke with Dwight at GM yesterday he said it was NOT a bulletin.

Do you have an reference numbers regarding the bulletin, or the name of the person at GM that you spoke with. I'd like to know if this guy Dwight is lying, or just misinformed.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

I had to leave my truck at the dealership yesterday on an By the way while I was at the dealership yesterday waiting on my ride to pick me up, I walked around looking at the used tahoes, almost immediately came across a 2008 Tahoe with 49,000 miles, with a dashboard crack in the same spot.

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!

denayer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LT purchased 12/9/2006.

Dash Cracked at 68,100 miles Nov.25th 2010.

Was very cold morning going to see family for Turkey day.

I contacted Kristie at 866-790-5600 ext: 11330

I filed a complaint with her on 11/26/10 at 11am.(71-893-522-299)

I had my new dash installed on 12/29/10 at Davis-Moore in Wichita Kansas. I paid a $200 deductable.

It was a fight early on, but they worked with me.

I was told if there was a recall issued I would be refunded.

I was told this by GM and my Dealership.

I fully expected a recall so it was easier to pay the $200.

I called GM today, Kristie was not available, but I was helped by another rep. (I didn't catch her info).

She told me that a recall was issued on June, 24th 2010, but that it was not released yet.

She said my account shows it being processed for a recall and refund and to expect a letter in the mail in the near future.

SBCT

Reaction score

I had my new dash installed on 12/29/10 at Davis-Moore in Wichita Kansas. I paid a $200 deductable.

I called GM today, Kristie was not available, but I was helped by another rep. (I didn't catch her info).

She told me that a recall was issued on June, 24th 2010, but that it was not released yet.

She said my account shows it being processed for a recall and refund and to expect a letter in the mail in the near future.

WOW. Thats great news about the recall if it is fact true. Hopefully you hear from them soon about your $200!

pimpske

Reaction score

Hope this is true on the recall...

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this on my 2007 Tahoe. I fully expected this to happen eventually, but just not at 46k miles.

I contacted Kristie at 866-790-5600 x11330. It was kind of humerous - when she answered, I simply said, "Hi, I was hoping you could help me with an issue I'm having with my 2007 Tahoe." Her response was, "Are you from the forum?" She went on to tell me she no longer works in that dept, but connected me to the appropriate rep at 800-222-1020. This tells me, I think, that our voice is somewhat being heard. I have an appointment at the local dealer and they are telling me that they will offer "cost assisstance" if the dealer tells me that it's a defect. I fully expect him not to, so I plan on going prepared. I'm printing every post on every forum I can find and I'm also downloading and going to show him this youtube.com video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ikSCklf7g8).

If I caused the crack I would own up to it. I expect GM to do the same and be accountable for corners they cut when manufacturing these vehicles. Needless to say...

I will not go quietly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968