Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the local dealership just replaced mine free of charge... said it happens on all 2007-2010 models... the dash was produced in mexico and they used sub-standard plastic... i'm actually shocked that the dealer replaced it.

kooley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same cracks in my dash (07 Tahoe ls), I don't park my truck in the garage so I believe it comes from heat in the summer and cold in the winter and the dash just be expanding and contracting through different climate changes.

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope, its from faulty plastic made in mexico... my dealer said they see it all the time, that's y they replaced it even tough its not under warranty

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would suggest just taking it to them and dropping it off... at 1st they told me no, then 3 hours later they were like we r replacing that dash for you.

Cavan806

Reaction score
So I had the exact same issue on a 2008 Tahoe LTZ with 45k miles on it. The front dashboard started to crack a little last winter and by this spring I had a huge crack in it (6 inches at least).

I just took my truck into Steve Moore Chevrolet here in Charlotte and they have just replied that they will replace the entire dashboard at full cost so that was a big relief.

Steve Moore Chevrolet in Charlotte is the dealer that replaced mine as well. Solid dealership I always recieve top notch service from them!

savegas52

Reaction score
im sorry front dash? or front dash window...if your talking about a rock chip in your dash window funny u mention it cus i was at Sams pumping gas and tehy had a promotion where tehy fix ur cracked window or chipped window in 15 miuntes with some magic spray can lol

beelow

Reaction score
I had to pay the dealer a $250 deductible for my 2008 dash to be replaced....I wish it was free but $250 is a lot less than I was expecting so I'm not complaining at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate