Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

majed050

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Yukon SLT. 2009
SCJU1.jpg

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those interested, check out this article from the WSJ. Basically talks about how auto makers are more willing to warranty certain things after the warranty has expired. This is mainly due to people being more vocal on social media and enthusiast websites (such as TYF). Some dealerships will actually fix a known issue to gain 'goodwill' and loyalty from a customer, which is what happened in my case. This may give you some leverage if your dash is cracked and out of warranty.

http://online.wsj.com/article_email...AyMDEwNzAxODc3Wj.html?mod=wsj_valetleft_email

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the pieces falling out of the dash & hitting you in the feet?

that seems like a safety issue, last one to fall out of mine was the size of a HotWheel toy car.

it's amazing that this many years on, they can't figure it out.

dief2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed my 2007 Tahoe had a crack in the dash above the steering wheel about a week ago. Garage kept, 62k miles, only one meticulous owner. Heading to my dealership this weekend but from past experience they are not very interested in making the customer happy.
8315394024_42a3511897_b.jpg

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is 5+ years old and well past its warranty. The dealer owes you nothing.

Why do people feel entitled? If they do cover for parts and or labor it's a complete show of grace.

I know dealers don't have the best rep, but if you approach them with honesty and respect they generally return the favor. My local Chevy service dept is great as I am a nice guy that's fair. Quid pro quo.

Nevertheless gl.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was replaced under warranty when the vehicle was out of warranty.

Talk with your dealer.

From my Walkie Talkie

dief2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is 5+ years old and well past its warranty. The dealer owes you nothing.

Why do people feel entitled? If they do cover for parts and or labor it's a complete show of grace.

I know dealers don't have the best rep, but if you approach them with honesty and respect they generally return the favor. My local Chevy service dept is great as I am a nice guy that's fair. Quid pro quo.

Nevertheless gl.

Entitled? Whatever, I'll bite.

I'm 6 months out of the 5 year extended warranty I purchased through the dealer. I paid +$60k for a fully loaded Z71, I expect a quality build and I expect that certain aspects of the vehicle will maintain their integrity after just 5 years and 60k miles. It has been garage maintained, and the rest of the interior is immaculate - so yes, I am upset that the dashboard is cracking because GM used sub par plastic in the construction.

Also, this is a known issue with the 2007 model, I do expect some level of assistance from the dealership, particularly if that dealer wants repeat business from me.

As far as dealer rep, I've had problems with the service at this dealership since purchasing the vehicle, so I am prepared to argue my point when going in.

So, does that make me entitled, or is really just a case of you acting like a ***** to people posting about their issues in this forum?

And by the way, "Nevertheless", take a look around. You may have noticed that this is a forum about "front dash cracks", so check your attitude at the door and try to stay on topic instead of trying to make it all about you.

Oh yeah, have a nice day!

Last edited:

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again youre out of warranty. They owe you nothing. If you approach this with this kind of leveraged or else attitude, You come across as the *****. I'm just stating the obvious. Chill out man. You're not helping your case coming across as a spaz.

Be honest and respectful. Both sides know the dealer doesn't have any liability or remuneration owed to you. If they do cover for anything, it's extra credit.

dief2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Again youre out of warranty. They owe you nothing. If you approach this with this kind of leveraged or else attitude, You come across as the *****. I'm just stating the obvious. Chill out man. You're not helping your case coming across as a spaz.

Be honest and respectful. Both sides know the dealer doesn't have any liability or remuneration owed to you. If they do cover for anything, it's extra credit.
Man up. You come flying by to call me entitled and tell me to get lost. Your response to my reasoned explanation is to call me a spaz. If you can take a moment to actually read the comments you are trolling, you'd realize that I've never claimed they owed me anything, just that I hope they help me. Seriously, GTFO with your nonsense please and stop trying to stir crap up. You're not helping anyone.

Have a nice day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968