Front Seat cushion smashed from an xtra large, HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bhendrix40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys i bought a 2004 Yukon at an auction for a good deal, but some xtra large person used to be the driver and the seat cushion is collapsed.

1. can i get the foam redone?

2. or can i get a take off 2007+ seat and install it in my 2004?

my wife is 4'-10" and cant see over the dash with this seat. i have to do something. she's asking me to return this thing which is impossible.

the exisitng seat is power, but it won't rise high enough, plus no memory button. i'm 6'-1" so that would be nice.

So long short, for the money i think i'd rather fix the seat if possible and cheaper, otherwise look for some take off out of recked newer vehicle.

HELP THE WIFE IS VERBALLY ABUSING ME !!!!!

later,

byron

OP
OP
B

bhendrix40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my man. thanks.

i'm going to quit using google and start going strait to ebay.

OP
OP
B

bhendrix40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
talked to an upolstory person today and she said the support spring or webbing holding foam could be broken. going to meet her in the morning to check it out. i'll let ya'll know if its foam or foam support.

i'll look into the key fob, it only came with one and it doesn't work very well.

where is the best place to get new ones for a good deal?

later.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
B

bhendrix40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
met with the upholstry lady. short version i'm going to let here rebuild and reinforce it, while she is recovering the front seats.

what i noticed from further inspection.
passenger side - not suffering from collapse condition has a touch mesh fabric between the seat spring and the foam. protecting the foam from being cut by the spring web

driver side - suffering from collapsing condition. doesn't have the mesh fabric. so the spring web like you see on some cots or kids beds essentially has cut into the foam over time. like pushing puddy through a die. this gives you the feeling of sitting in a hole and hurts my back.

wierd i wonder is some guy was drinking while putting that seat together.....

new seat material should be here tuesday and i drop it off.

--------------------------------------------
no way on the e-bay key fob simplicity, you would think this is my first time on the internet. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shopgirl

Latest posts