Frustrated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm down in Eugene and he dealer is Brad's in Cottage Grove. You in Vancouver?

gravitypad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Order placed 7/2, TPW of 10/6, and had a confirmation that was built on 10/9. As of yesterday it is still in TX waiting for a rail car. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but this is why I don't think GM should provide tracking information. Everyone gets up in arms because their vehicle says its here and why is it there, whats taking so long, etc.

Good things come to those who wait.. there are thousands of trucks needing to be moved, sometimes they get backed up. These things are HOT for a reason! :D

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys. It's normally 10-12 weeks from the normal order acceptance date (status code 2000) until dealer delivery. The current delivery schedule is totally normal and on time.

Mine is finally 30 min from my house!

Last edited:

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but this is why I don't think GM should provide tracking information. Everyone gets up in arms because their vehicle says its here and why is it there, whats taking so long, etc.

Good things come to those who wait.. there are thousands of trucks needing to be moved, sometimes they get backed up. These things are HOT for a reason! :D

Hot?
This must be a joke. Sorry Yeti, no offense here...
These trucks are far FAR from hot.
Hot is when they can be purchased and there is a real demand because they are great and everyone wants one.
What they are is "unavailable" because of one screw up after another.
You are clearly confusing the two.....

What a disappointment this whole process has been for myself, and many others. My particular odyssey started when I placed my order on February 1, 2014.... and I still have Jack shit. It's been sitting in Texas, checking for cracks and God knows whatever they suffer from, and is now in some rail yard waiting for a shipping date. Not impressed....

The only good thing coming from my 10 month wait is to reaffirm our next purchase and know my wife's next truck will be a new redesigned Lincoln Navigator or something, anything else in this class segment.

Last edited:

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand why you're waiting for that truck? Why don't you just order from another dealer or just look around? There has to be one out there that you can live with... It was a 6 week wait for ours till it was in my driveway.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand why you're waiting for that truck? Why don't you just order from another dealer or just look around? There has to be one out there that you can live with... It was a 6 week wait for ours till it was in my driveway.

This.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The title of the thread says it all.
As I stated before, I deal with this dealership because they patronize my business, as well as their employees. It's not their fault, and I don't buy off the lot because I can live with our trade until the new one arrives..

Be real here boys....
This is a rare occurrence in the auto industry where an automaker is so utterly unprepared and caught with more problems than what they can solve. They were also less than truthful with the early 2015 buyers to boot....
This isn't a dealer thing, or an allotment thing. This is a GM thing that turned into an allotment thing because they had no other choice..
Particularly, this is a 2015 Denali/Escalade GM failure thing.
It's not because they are HOT Robbie, its because GM has screwed the pooch. If that is your parameters for what makes for a "hot" vehicle, then the space shuttles are also hot.

I've ordered plenty of Tahoes and Silverados. Never have I waited over 6 weeks, and probably neither have you. If you think I am isolated, check out the Cadillac board.

Not to pour salt, but thank GOD my wife turned down the Escalade I was going to buy her that was available at my dealer this summer. The 6 speed thing is a real kick in the ********, and after the announcement, I wasn't going to settle on the old stuff.

Last edited: