Fuel filter help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CLEAR

Reaction score
I always do my own work but I had a gift card to a dealership. I took my 03 flex fuel in for an oil change, tire rotate, and fuel filter (Which I supplied since I had a Fram laying around). I talked to the tech when he done and he told me that he couldnt get the little plastic snap lock on the nipple to work so he took it off. Is this ok??? I got under the truck and could not pull the fuel line off the filter but Im a little scared that the piece was needed. Am I ok?

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
I just did my fuel filter on Tuesday, If I remember right the plastic nipple needs to be there to hold the fuel line in place. I would definitely look into it before I drive around and have a fuel leak issue.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
are you talking about the plastic piece that is found on the fuel filter when you open up the box???

If so, tear it off... no use for it

OP
OP
C

CLEAR

Reaction score
Its the white plastic clip that comes on the nipple of the filter. Is it suppose to be used or not on these trucks?

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

G8219_101206.jpg

White clip under red disposable piece. I know for a fact that this clip is needed on s10s, which uses the same filter.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Its the white plastic clip that comes on the nipple of the filter. Is it suppose to be used or not on these trucks?

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

G8219_101206.jpg

White clip under red disposable piece. I know for a fact that this clip is needed on s10s, which uses the same filter.

Yes! From what I researched Tuesday, the clip is what holds the fuel line in place as well as allow the fuel line to un-clip from the filter. I would go back to the dealership and talk with a manager and have them fix it properly.

OP
OP
C

CLEAR

Reaction score
I did see my old filter and it did not have a clip on the nipple

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
seriously... done my fuel filter multiple times.... you DO NOT need that white clip. when I removed the factory installed fuel filter... no white clip. this is not a needed peice. I remove it every time. The filter is held on the rear side by a bolt... the front side (the side with the clip) is held in place by one of those universal "quick" connects.

31qfJ2NrDXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This tool is needed to remove the "quick" connect.

OP
OP
C

CLEAR

Reaction score
Thank you. That answered my question that I do not need the clip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest posts