GM Cold air kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gromment isnt for the tab that sticks out on the box in the first pic?

I dont think I would reroute that coolant hose under the intake tube. That may cause a problem with it sending the overflow coolant back to the tank.

No the grommet is not for that tab. On that unit you have to remove the stock mounting piece and put it on the new one.
After thinking about the overflow hose I would tend to agree with you and will probably just leave it alone.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Did not intend to get you worried. I am glad you posted and that I went to see where the one I was thinking of went. Not sure what else that might be for. In my kit there were several large rubber washers that are used as vibration dampeners use between mounting pionts and the filter box used on the mounting bolts.

No worries man. I just hope it doesn't go somewhere important. :D

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that grommet for the older trucks that had the filter service reminder?

There isnt a random hole in the side of that airbox is there or somewhere to drill a hole?

OP
OP
R

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that grommet for the older trucks that had the filter service reminder?

There isnt a random hole in the side of that airbox is there or somewhere to drill a hole?

I think you are right. I remember reading something about the filter check in the instructions and then drilling a hole for it. Maybe it went there. But since mine didn't have one i skipped that part. Thx!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Looks good. I like how the filter is boxed up from the elements.
What did you do with the hose that connects to the intake tube part that goes under the engine cover?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good and what a steal on the $$$ for this and the other parts---it pays to have the right people in the right places ;) The grommet is for that filter 'minder that I also didn't install-looks wayy cleaner without it.

OP
OP
R

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do with the hose that connects to the intake tube part that goes under the engine cover?

That hose you are talking about is the valve cover breather hose. The kit came with a hose about a foot long. That hose is to connect the valve cover breather hose with the little pipe attached to the underside of the polished intake. The supplied hose a waaaay too long. You only need about a 4 inch piece.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
That hose you are talking about is the valve cover breather hose. The kit came with a hose about a foot long. That hose is to connect the valve cover breather hose with the little pipe attached to the underside of the polished intake. The supplied hose a waaaay too long. You only need about a 4 inch piece.

Ok that's what I thought. My intake tube has the same layout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320